Traveling for a month in an RV. Suggestions for taking along my recordings?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by dmahoney22, Feb 13, 2021.

1. dmahoney22

dmahoney22 New Member

Oct 22, 2003

Advertisements

Tried a search, but my query was too specific.
    I have two TiVos, a Bolt and a Premier XL (both with lifetime subscriptions).
    The Bolt is the primary, with a cable card. The Premier is OTA only.
    When the Premier wifi worked (can't get it to connect any longer), I would transfer shows from Bolt to the Premier to watch in the other room.
    I am going to take an RV trip for several weeks and I'd like to bring along a lot of shows and movies that I have already recorded (probably won't have internet service most of the time).
    I need to leave the Bolt hooked up at home for the family to use. I could take the Premier if there was a solution to transferring over my recordings (hard wire connect to Bolt?!?).
    What is the best option to bring along my shows?

2. rbronco21

rbronco21 Member

Nov 1, 2005
    Do you have the TiVo app on a phone or tablet? That'll get you all your recordings, even new ones. As a last resort, kmttg can copy your recordings to a pc or laptop to take along.

3. dmahoney22

dmahoney22 New Member

Oct 22, 2003
    Excellent. I hadn't tried the TiVo app for some time. Didn't think it could download.

4. rbronco21

rbronco21 Member

Nov 1, 2005
    Just remembering connections problems aren't exactly rare with the app. Make sure it works before you go (at home and from an external network or cell service) and hope it keeps working!