Transfers Prohibited by Copyright Holder!??

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by NaviGATR, Mar 2, 2008.

1. NaviGATR

NaviGATR New Member

Feb 2, 2002

Advertisements

Hey All,

I'm not sure if you've experience this yet or if it's just my problem.

This week I started noticing that pay channels like HBO and Starz have that ghostbuster symbol next to them when I browse them from other TiVos on the network.

I tried to transfer Real Time with Bill Maher yesterday and so this new message... "Transfers Prohibited by Copyright Holder." I thought maybe my HD Tivo was mistaken into thinking it was an HD recording, so I recorded the show again on a different HBO channel. Same deal.

Then I noticed it today on Headcase from Starz.

Has anyone else seen this happening? I don't remember ever having a problem before. I've been recording The Wire upstairs for a while now and transferring it downstairs.

Any thoughts????

Thanx!

Shawn

2. rainbow

rainbow Member

Feb 7, 2008
    I have not had any experience with that, but my HD is brand new and I don't have any premium/pay stations. However, I have been wondering/thinking that with each new upgrade on the boxes, there might be more types of technology added (prob due to current/future legal issues) that would limit our options for downloading/copying.

Maybe that might be another good reason to hold onto older tivo units.

3. lqaddict

lqaddict New Member

Apr 4, 2005
    New York
    There is no need to post in multiple forums.
    Read my reply in your other thread. http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=386341