Transferring recordings with Tivo Online

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by DickMan, Dec 21, 2019.

1. DickMan

DickMan New Member

Dec 21, 2019
    I have started transferring about 2 dozen recordings using Tivo Online. Doesn't Tivo Online display the recording it's currently transferring or at least a progress bar so I know something is happening?

Thanks for any help.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    No, Online has no data. But you can look at the receiving TiVo's To Do List which shows the programs. Also it shows if duplicates have been created and you can kill them. Usually that only happens when one program is copied, but there are exceptions. On the sending device, there's a transfer history (on TE3) that shows the rate of the transfer.

Network Settings/Network Troubleshooting/Transfer History

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  3. DickMan

DickMan New Member

Dec 21, 2019
    Thanks, I can see a transfer happening in the To Do List.

Stupid question here, because I'm not that familiar with Online Tivo yet. If I close the Online Tivo window, does that kill the transfer?

4. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    No, no effect. However you can just leave. You don't get logged out, but there's no promise that you won't either. It's not a very good program but it works.

My transfer rate from basic Roamio to basic Roamio is about 93Mbps. Some have achieved over 300Mbps with better TiVo boxes and networks.

5. JKR123

JKR123 Active Member

Feb 10, 2019
    Did the support team change the TiVo online screens today (on the online.tivo.com website)? I was using this to transfer recordings between my TiVo boxes, but the transfer recordings screen looks different now. I can select the 2 boxes in question as well as the recordings to transfer, but the Transfer button has disappeared, at least on my device. I don’t see anything to click on to do the transfer once I have selected the programs to be transferred. I tried looking this up in TiVo’s support page, and it looks like the Transfer button should be located to the right of the transfer to box drop down list, but it doesn’t show up on my screen. I am using an IPhone.

6. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I'm going to say a complete rewrite. I guess they decided to modernize it. Notice the gear wheel in the upper right corner. I wonder if they fixed the double copy bug. So far it works from my PC.

7. julieknits

julieknits New Member

Oct 1, 2012
    I can only find the Transfer button if I rotate my phone to view the page horizontally. Vertical was useless as I couldn’t tell what show was which due to the new look.

As far as I can tell, the double copy bug was not fixed. I was definitely hoping at least for that fix as it’s even harder to use now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. JKR123

JKR123 Active Member

Feb 10, 2019
    What browser are you using on your iPhone? When I rotate my phone it still doesn’t show up. I tried contacting TiVo support to ask them what browser or iOS version they supported and they said the transfer function can only be performed on a laptop or pc, not via a mobile device. I hate to hear they didn’t fix the duplicate copy bug. I do like the new screen layout but it is useless to me without the transfer button.

9. julieknits

julieknits New Member

Oct 1, 2012
    I’m using Safari on an iPhone 11 Pro. If I turn it horizontally, and have the From and To DVRs selected as well as at least one show checked, the Transfer button becomes blue. I can’t see all of the Transfer button, just up to the T. It’s located to the right of the To DVR name.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk