Transferring prohibited by the copyright holder

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Garrett Jurges, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Garrett Jurges

Garrett Jurges New Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Question regarding transferring shows and getting "Transferring prohibited by the copyright holder" error.

I have many times now been transferring shows or movies from the Tivo to my PC that I have recorded. I purchased a video editing software that allows me to cut out the commercials and then I re-upload the video to my Tivo.

Recently, I have been getting the above error when I try to upload the modified video back to my Tivo. It is hit or miss. Some movies for example are recorded from same channel and one will upload and the other will not.

Any suggestions? I have a Roamio Tivo and use Tivo Desktop and VideoReDo for my video editing.

2. tough joe

tough joe Member

Sep 16, 2006
    I think its been finally locked down... There are a few programs out there that may still do the transfer but the tivo corporation has made it practically impossible now to appease the studios... Your alternative is the old fashioned torrent way.

i think that explains why no one has replied to this question...

3. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    I recall seeing this but have never had the issue so didn't really have a helpful response. :(

You might try pyTivo Desktop instead of TiVo Desktop to see if that resolves the error.

Scott