Transferring OnePass Settings from dead Tivo

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by rdangel, Sep 28, 2018.

1. rdangel

rdangel Member

Sep 3, 2002

Advertisements

I'll make this short, My Bolt+ had 4 flashing lights (Bad HD), Tivo sent me new one. Is there any way to transfer onepass settings with the original one being dead?
    I thought this info is stored in the "cloud"

It doesnt appear to be an option. The morons at Tivo tech support have no idea what they are doing.

This is not the company it used to be.

2. Rkkeller

Rkkeller Well-Known Member

May 13, 2004
    I will let you know as I am in the same boat and hooking up the replacement Bolt right now. I have 84 OP's so I hope I can find something to get them back, going to be a pain to have to redo them all.

3. Rkkeller

May 13, 2004
    OK, it looks like once you start the replacement box, everything is gone, even from the TiVo Online site. If your old HD was totally dead like mine was, it looks like all OP's are gone
    and you will have to redo them.

4. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    My Bolt+ replacement is being delivered today. I went to Tivo online and was pleasantly surprised to see my old Bolt+ one passes being displayed along side my Roamio. Unfortunately, after a minute or two, they disappeared and I got them message "unable to connect to Bolt. So poof. Unfortunately I never saved to KMTTG. Oh well.

5. rdangel

rdangel Member

Sep 3, 2002

Advertisements

So I figured out a loophole. If you have the TiVo app installed and have ever connected to your old TiVo all the one passes are still there. I pulled up the app and ended up re-entering the one passes manually on the new bolt

6. Rkkeller

May 13, 2004
    I wish, I just looked after only hooking up my replacement 3 hours ago and my TiVo app updated and it's the same as my new one.

I had 84 OP's and already have about 40 redone. I went into the guide, set it 8pm, which is usually when I record a lot, and just remade some and jumped ahead day by day by day at 8/9pm. Then I set it to 10pm and jumped day by day and remade many.

My problem with a lot are the different time frames the shows are in. So I have to wait a couple months to remake many. I didn't really have to rush and remake so many and waste time, just I am home alone nothing to do, so this is it.:):):)

7. mickrussom

mickrussom Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Ugh. Forgot to backup with kmttg. Tivo needs to fix this.

8. zaneps

zaneps New Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Same thing happened to me with the Bolt+ and losing one passes... I had a lot as well, and it's not so much recreating them as it is I'll miss some [and I would like to at least have a list of everything I had recorded]. Now when I open the TiVo app, it gets stuck in this sign in error loop, I'm guessing because it can't see the dead box. However, I noticed when logged into TiVo online, if I still have the old dead box selected and I search for a show that I new I had a OP for, that it knows and says "You have a OnePass for this show". So even though the box is dead and not connected any more, the website knows that I had the OP. It also knows that my box is/was 82% full (which is/was accurate). I think TiVo essentially has the data, but it's not parsed anywhere. I wonder if there is a way to filter the information some how. Any ideas?

9. Grouse4449

Grouse4449 New Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Milford, VA
    Can you switch hard drives?

10. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    Used to be able to do it online at TiVo.com. They have all your data in the cloud. As long as your old TiVo is still activated it should be there.

11. threxel

threxel New Member

May 6, 2004
    "
    Used to be able to do it online at TiVo.com. They have all your data in the cloud. As long as your old TiVo is still activated it should be there.
    "
    I just called to do this very thing, they claim there is no cloud copy and without the DVR on line there is no way to move onepasses or recordings.
    Another ball dropped if you ask me.

12. bareyb

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    It's there if your old box and the new one are currently activated (perhaps they deactivated the old one already?). You just go to the One Pass online manager and choose the One Passes from your old Box and copy them over to your new Box. I've done it several times: http://online.tivo.com/start/manage

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  13. threxel

threxel New Member

May 6, 2004
    Thank you for taking the time to show me. I was already aware of the tool and had used it prior but it doesnt work for ME when the box is not online. Called Tivo and they confirmed to me that could not restore from the cloud and the device would have to be online.

upload_2020-7-30_19-30-53.png

bareyb likes this.
  14. bareyb

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    Ah. That's too bad. It sounds like they deactivated your previous box when they sent out the replacement. Which is kinda dumb considering what's happened to you. You're gonna have to do it the old fashioned way I guess and add them manually again. One good thing that's changed since the old days though. You can set up a One Pass for shows that aren't currently showing or in the current guide. You just do a search and they'll ofen be available for a One Pass. Used to take almost a year to get all my passes back in the old days. Good luck.