Transferring from XL to Bolt VOX

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by OnTheVerg, Jan 8, 2018.

1. OnTheVerg

OnTheVerg New Member

Jan 8, 2018
    I just bought/activated a new Bolt VOX. Naturally I have lots of recordings on my Premiere XL that I would like to either transfer or access through my Bolt. How can I best do this? I transferred my service from my Premiere to the Bolt so both boxes are not "active" according to TiVo.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    One way is to get monthly service on the old Premiere and use TiVo Online to move the recordings. After the transfer, cancel the TiVo service.

While the Premiere may not be active, why would you say the Bolt is not "active" on your account?

3. OnTheVerg

OnTheVerg New Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Sorry! You are correct. That was a mistake. The Bolt is active but the Premiere is not. However, it is my understanding that if I pay the $14.99 monthly fee I have to commit to a 1 year plan. Am I mistaken? I was hoping that I could network the two boxes together. It seems as if I did that at 1 time a few years back. On my listing of shows it would have a listing titled for the other box. When I accessed that listing I saw all of the shows on the other box and the main box had the other box as backup storage space. At least I think that is what was happening. Thanks for your time.

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I can't promise that if you call to activate. However, if the Premiere is still on your account, and under the "Inactive" tab, you can see your activate options. I bought an old Roamio on eBay for parts last year. I activated it (online) and used it to test Hydra. I then called and cancelled the service on day 29. They put a $14.99 credit on my credit card.

OnTheVerg likes this.
  5. OnTheVerg

OnTheVerg New Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Thanks for your time, Joe. I seem to remember that I had both boxes on service plans at the time I was able to transfer. I plan to just hook my backup TiVo up to HDMI 2 connection on my TV and watch the shows that way. Have a good one!

JoeKustra likes this.
  6. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    You can call Tivo and see if you can get a discounted lifetime for the Premiere. That is if they are still doing that. It would be about $199.

7. Johnstac

Johnstac Member

Feb 6, 2016
    I recently made the switch from the Premiere 4 to the Bolt Vox. I made the same mistake and cancelled service on the Premiere before transferring my old shows. I simply called TiVo and added one month. I used online.tivo.com to transfer everything which took a few days. If you were on month to month before you transferred your service, you should be okay.

8. OnTheVerg

OnTheVerg New Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Wanted to let you know that you were correct. I was thinking that I had to signup for a 1 year commit but I did not. So thanks for the tip! In the process of transferring everything now. Have a great day!

JoeKustra likes this.