Transferring (copyrighted?) video from Premiere to Series 3

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by DiracDelta, Mar 22, 2011.

1. DiracDelta

DiracDelta New Member

Mar 22, 2011

Advertisements

This MUST be an old, already addressed issue, but any help is appreciated:

Just got a Premiere, old Series 3 in basement. BIGGEST REASON--my girlfriend wants to watch her garbage during workouts--sold on Tivo-to-Tivo transfer.
    I can see each through the other on my WLAN, but...
    Problem: 99% (not kidding) of all programming on Premiere shows up with a red Ghostbuster's 'not allowed' symbol on the old Tivo. I looked this up and means can't transfer, copyrighted (WITHIN MY OWN HOME...!!!???).

The old Tivo has a faulty motherboard and ONLY plays Internet content so don't bother suggesting I hook it up--I NEED to transfer programming or be doomed to Home and Garden TV forever. Are there any workarounds/fixes? Someone suggested having a digital tuner (I do) might be the problem but that didn't make sense--once it's on the Premiere (and visible to the Series 3) that shouldn't be an issue...(right?)

HELP!!

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Blame your cable company for setting the No-Copy flag, but it only happens with cable card attached devices that recorded the protected content. There is nothing you can do to be able to transfer the content. Some cable companies will flag content on every channel except locals while others will flag a few to none.