Transferring content from Series 2 (single tuner) to Premiere?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Papageno, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Papageno

Papageno Member

Jan 30, 2005

Advertisements

Hi everyone--now that I have my Premiere all set up and the CableCARD installed, can anyone advise me on how to best transfer my SD content from my old single-tuner Series 2 (8 years old). Is it as easy as hooking up an ethernet cable between them, or does it have to happen over the network? I already know about transferring the season passes on Tivo's site.

EDIT: oops, the old box has no ethernet port--my bad.

2. magnus

magnus Tivo User

Nov 12, 2004
    Texas
    You need to have both of them on your Tivo account and have them both networked. They both need to be set to allow transfers.

3. bobfrank

bobfrank Active Member

Mar 17, 2005
    To add slightly to what magnus wrote...

After you have everything set up then just go to your Premiere Now Playing list. At the bottom of that list there should be an icon and name of your old Series 2 Tivo. Select it and you will be able to see the Now Playing list from the Series 2.

Select the show you want to transfer and follow the prompts.

You can set up as many shows, one at a time, to transfer to the Premiere, one at a time, that you want.

Bob

4. Papageno

Papageno Member

Jan 30, 2005
    So the network appears to be the only way to do this. Unfortunately I only have one Tivo wireless G adapter. I guess I have to move the Premiere temporarily closer to my router and hook it up via ethernet cable, then put the s2 back on the network temporarily via wireless G.

There's no hooking up the two boxes directly via a usb cable?

5. magnus

magnus Tivo User

Nov 12, 2004
    Texas

Advertisements

Nope

You can just download the shows to a computer using Tivo Desktop for later viewing. if you would prefer to do that.

6. Papageno

Papageno Member

Jan 30, 2005
    BTW, how long will it take for my old TiVo's season passes to show up on TiVo's website? I approved the new privacy settings just yesterday, and so far nothing is showing up.

7. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    You would need to use either a ethernet-to-usb adapter or the Tivo wireless G adapter to be able to connect to your router to transfer.

8. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I would give it at least 48 hours.