Transfering Lifetime Subscription

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by CableGuy2007, Jul 24, 2007.

1. CableGuy2007

CableGuy2007 New Member

Jul 24, 2007
    I have access to an older Tivo box with Lifetime Subsription.

How do I transfer it to a new Series 3 HD box?

2. Turtleboy

Turtleboy Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
    How old is older?

I'm betting the answer is -- you don't.

3. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    If lifetime was activated before 1/20/2000, call Tivo and tell them you want to do a "grandfathered lifetime" transfer.

If it was activated after that, you'll have to wait to see if Tivo has another transfer offer.

4. CableGuy2007

CableGuy2007 New Member

Jul 24, 2007
    How often does Tivo offer a lifetime Subscription offer?

How are they offering Series 3 on eBay with Lifetime Subscription?

5. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    Soon after the S3 launched, TiVo had a limited time $199 lifetime transfer option.

I transferred the lifetime from my 2 year old S2 to the S3 during that promotion.

There was another lifetime transfer promotion a short while ago, but it has also ended.

A lot of the S3's on Ebay could have been lifetime transfers from original S1's as well.

phox

6. cr33p

cr33p New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Ann Arbor MI
    If you have a retail series 3 classic box in your hand and call Tivo and ask them about transferring your Lifetime Sub from your account to the new S3 they will most likely allow you to do it. I just got off the phone with them this afternoon and asked the lady why all of a sudden they are allowing this and she said that its just a kind of dont ask dont tell but if you call and ask they are supposed to allow it to happen. But of course it will cost you 199.00. I asked her if she thinks this will be allowed on the new s3 lite when they start shipping and she really didnt know. So if you are bent on getting a lifetime sub to a new s3 you better find a good deal and fast on a classic unit. :)

7. CableGuy2007

CableGuy2007 New Member

Jul 24, 2007
    Where would you go to acquire Classic Units with Lifetime Subscriptions?

I would like to purchase two or three units.

8. cr33p

cr33p New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Ann Arbor MI
    Go to Ebay, there are many for sale. Or you could check your local craigslist. Be ready to spend at least 1000.00 per unit. Or you could scrounge around for an older series 1 model that has a lifetime grandfathered for a 1 time transfer to a new box for free.