Transfering HR10 feed to a Coax Run

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Maddod-99, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Maddod-99

Maddod-99 New Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Help.
    I set up my house w/ host & slave TVs.
    the slaves run off of Coax runs I dropped in a couple rooms, off of the old SD D*Tivo boxes I had. They had 2 coax outs.

The HR10 has NO Coax out & Im struggling to find how to convert one of the outs to a female coax (F Connector) run.

I bought a standard RCA branded converter, but it ONLY works for gaming & DVD signals (not sure how that is possible, but it KNOWS & does not covert my Tivo out signals).

I dont want to go w/ a wireless transmitter, too expensive.
    Please help me solve this riddle & provide any part #s you may have.

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    You need a modulator. RadioShack sells them, among other places. These are often sold nowadays for people to connect DVD players to old TVs.

3. Maddod-99

Maddod-99 New Member

Jan 8, 2006
    I bought an RF modulator that has all the right video ins & the coax out.
    It is RCA branded.
    It did NOT recognize signal presence (LED did not light) when I fed the HR10 signal into it.
    BUT it did work for my DVD player & PS2.
    Then I read the box & it only stated working w/ DVD players & gaming machines.
    Im not technical enough to understand HOW it can differentiate those signals, but it did!

Is this specific to the HR10?
    I tried both HD & non HD channel & it didnt pick it up.

Any knowledge on why this is or how I resolve it?
    Google is doing me no good on this one.

4. rlj5242

rlj5242 Active Member

Dec 20, 2000
    Southaven, MS
    Did you have the HR10 set to 480i? That's the only way it will send video out of the composite output.

-Robert

5. Maddod-99

Maddod-99 New Member

Jan 8, 2006
    ah ha.
    No I did not.
    had it on 780p or 1080i.
    I can change that.
    Thank you.

How about this:

how would I distribute an HD TV Signal, same scenario, but want to distribute an HD signal throughout the house? Can it be done on Coax? or Composite only?

let me know if you know

6. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    No and no. You'd need something with higher bandwidth. You could do component over CAT5 with some interface products.