Transfer to series3

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Bairport, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Bairport

Bairport New Member

Apr 8, 2015
    I have a roamio in use now that is starting to do strange things (like load streaming episodes when it is set for new only then not being there at all) and slowing down loading my shows. I have a series 3 that was repaired at weeknees I'm not using. I'd like to send the roamio in for repair but want to transfer shows recorded on the roamio to the series 3 while the roamio is out for repair. Can this be done?
    Thanks for the help.

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    I don't think anything is wrong with the Roamio. In Shows/play list, Press C to cycle through my recordings, all, Plus streaming.

ggieseke likes this.
  3. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Take a look at freeware pyTivo Desktop, to transfer shows to and from your PC. Easier to use pyTivo Easy to install and use.

(I don't know about direct transfers to/from a Series 3 box and a Roamio box.)

4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    I do and had done it, Only works with Roamio on TE3/v20.

5. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    Actually, the S3 can copy shows FROM any other networked TiVo on your account (even from one running Horrible TE4). Of course, your S3 must already be activated (either with Lifetime service, or you are still paying monthly/annual fees even though you are not using it).

Once they are on the S3, there is no way to ever access them again from a TiVo running Horrible TE4. But they can be copied back to any box running TE3.