Transfer to PSP using Built in Wi-Fi?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by paulstefano, Jan 24, 2006.

1. paulstefano

paulstefano New Member

Jan 12, 2006

Advertisements

Hello,

I was wondering. Is it possible to transfer shows to a PSP using the built in Wi-Fi on the PSP?

2. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Fairfax, VA
    Even if you could transfer them to the correct directory with the correct name, the PSP does not have software that will decrypt the .tivo file. Also the file size will be huge. You're better off getting it on a desktop PC, converting and shrinking it for PSP.

3. paulstefano

paulstefano New Member

Jan 12, 2006
    I don't actually have HMO yet. Can you tell me, what's the .tivo file size for an average 1/2 hour show?

4. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Fairfax, VA
    Depends on your TiVo unit and what quality you record at. For example, a 30 minutes show my Humax DVD-burning model recorded at High shows up as 1,052MB.

5. paulstefano

paulstefano New Member

Jan 12, 2006

Advertisements

Good God! How do you fit a decent amount of shows on your PC? You could max out a 20 Gig hard drive with 1 season of a show!

6. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Fairfax, VA
    Big hard drives! Actually some folks archive into other formats and/or offload onto DVD without visibly/audibly impacting quality. I believe Justin Thyme is a DivX proponent with a terabyte-sized library. I don't archive much, so I don't have a whole lot of suggestions - I grab the occasional show for the road - reducing the resolution as I convert the video type/compression.