Transfer to New BOLT+

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by JWadle, May 2, 2018.

1. JWadle

JWadle TiVo Fan

May 2, 2015
    Boulder CO

Advertisements

TiVo is replacing my BOLT+ after it failed to boot. Can I recover my OnePasses or recordings? Are they stored in the TiVo cloud (or whatever they call their stored account info)?

I also have a working Roamio OTA if that can help.

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Go to TiVo online and see if you can find the one passes there; I’m not sure if they are there or it queries the TiVo. If the later, you’re obviously out of luck. If you can’t boot up the box, there’s no way to recover the recordings.

3. sirfracas

sirfracas Member

Apr 5, 2006
    My Bolt+ recently bricked as well. Tivo Online didn't have my season passes but the app on my iPhone did. Even though it couldn't connect to the box anymore it still held onto cached versions of the most recent shows and the Season Passes. I took screenshots and rebuilt on the new box (*after* going Steve Rogers on Hydra.)

4. rdrrepair

rdrrepair Bill Knapp

Nov 24, 2006
    845 New York
    At one time TiVo stored your season passes and wishlist searches. All you had to do was plop in another hard drive and that part would be restored.

This was back during the S2 & S3 era and you needed to opt-in. I'm not sure what happened to that feature. Might still be an option? IDK anymore

Season Passes retained?

Edit - found a better link

Last edited: May 7, 2018