Transfer subscription

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by bradleys, Oct 1, 2009.

1. bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007

Advertisements

I have a series 2 Tivo that I am ready to upgrade to a Tivo HD. This one has the remainder of yearly subscription on it. (4 months left)

Does anyone know if I can transfer the remainder of this subscription to the new unit? Or will I have to forfeit the remaining months?

Thanks...

2. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    As long as you by the TiVo from any place other than tivo.com you can transfer the subscription. Tivo.com purchases require that you also buy a new subscription.

3. gilbreen

gilbreen Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Similar follow-up question - we are thinking about removing a S2DT from our account which is on MSD for $6.95 which has a year left on it. When I called Tivo, I was told that I should find someone to take over the subscription and then transfer it to them.

Can one do this online or does one have to go through Tivo to make the transfer happen?

4. JerryR

JerryR New Member

Oct 12, 2004
    Toledo, Ohio
    On the other hand, you may be eligible for a product upgrade if you buy from TiVo directly. I have an old Sony Series 1 and a Toshiba branded Series 2 which made me eligible for a $100 discount off either the the TiVo HD or the HD XL. I chose the TiVo HD as I was able to find the HD XL for even less elsewhere.

5. westside_guy

westside_guy Annoyingly ephemeral

Mar 13, 2005
    The soggy...

Advertisements

Yeah, but then with the MRD jumping from $6.95 to $9.95 you're losing $36 every year from then on.

6. JerryR

JerryR New Member

Oct 12, 2004
    Toledo, Ohio
    Huh? At $9.95/month, my 2nd TiVo unit with the lifetime sub at the reduced price of $299 is paid for after 30 months.