Transfer Shows Back to TiVo?

Discussion in 'TiVo Edge' started by whboyd, Apr 19, 2021.

Tags:
  1. whboyd

whboyd Member

Oct 23, 2016
    SE US

Advertisements

I have shows that I transferred from my TiVo unit to an iPad. Since then my TiVo unit had a disk failure and was replaced. I haven't had a chance to watch those transferred shows yet and I'm concerned that, if TiVo ever releases the claimed iOS app update and I install it, that I'll lose those shows. Is there any way to transfer those shows from my iPad back to my TiVo unit?

2. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    No.

(One could imagine a laborious and quality-degrading process involving AirPlay and video capture hardware/software, but there's no built-in way to return the shows back to the DVR.)

3. whboyd

whboyd Member

Oct 23, 2016
    SE US
    Thanks anyway. It's too bad TiVo doesn't provide any sort of backup capability for DVR content.

4. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Well, had you offloaded the unprotected content to a PC, you'd be able to restore it to the TiVo (assuming it's not running the TE4 software). Though it's fair to say that *TiVo* doesn't really provide this capability, anymore.

5. whboyd

whboyd Member

Oct 23, 2016
    SE US

Advertisements

TiVo used to provide a backup capability?

Is there any information about when the rewritten TiVo iOS app might be released? Until that happens I suppose my downloaded content is safe.

6. pfiagra

pfiagra Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2014
    make sure not to have automatic updates turned on for your iOS apps

krkaufman likes this.
  7. whboyd

whboyd Member

Oct 23, 2016
    SE US
    I have automatic updates turned off. But it's too easy to hit the "Update All" button out of habit.

krkaufman likes this.