Transfer Service vs. Add and Cancel

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Mikeyis4dcats, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Mikeyis4dcats

Mikeyis4dcats Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2003
    I am likely going to be buying an HD Tivo. I currently have a Toshiba S2, a DT S2 and a regular S2. I plan on replacing the Toshiba with the HD.

Should I simply transfer the service numbers of the HD Tivo and the Toshiba or do I need to add the HD Tivo then cancel the Toshiba?

Thanks!

2. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    transfer the toShiba to the TiVo HD if you like the terms you have on it now. To cancel you have to call TiVo directly and then agree to terms on the new TiVo HD such as 3 yr contract.

The only reason to cancel the Toshiba would be to do a prepay on the TiVo HD. The good news you may alredy be aware of is that the ToShiba reverts to Tivo basic and keeps on working as a manual recorder.

3. Mikeyis4dcats

Mikeyis4dcats Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2003

great, thats pretty much what I thought. The Toshiba will have great resale value on ebay, as I also upgraded the drive. Similar units are selling for about $260. The dual tuners of the HD will pretty much cover our needs, and the second unit will be a bonus.

4. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    $260 is nice but I plan to keep my Toshiba as I love the TiVo interface on DVD playback plus I record all our home movies onto the Toshiba for palyabck and easy DVD burning