Transfer schedules from one Tivo to another?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by msu-dawg, Jan 7, 2006.

1. msu-dawg

msu-dawg New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    I've searched for an answer to this in several different ways with no luck and I'm new to this forum so I apologize if I'm asking a dumb or recurring question.

I'm fairly new to Tivo but wife has fallen in love with it. We have a Series2 (40hr) that we started using around Christmas and have now acquired another Series2 (300hr). I have the 40hr working, connected to my home network with a Netgear wireless adapter. The 300hr is activated and will be connected to network as soon as I receive another Netgear wireless adapter in the mail.

I know there is a way to transfer recordings from one to another over the network but is there a way to transfer settings, primarilly meaning season pass, content searches, etc. (either over the network or with boxes directly connected)? We would like to make the 300hr the primary recording unit.

I know about the pulling the HD and putting in PC method of transfer but I don't want to get into all of that as I'd prefer to keep the warranty in effect on the two units for now and it would be quicker to just set everything up on the new one.

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

2. Stanley Rohner

Stanley Rohner New Member

Jan 18, 2004
    oklahoma
    Nope.

3. msu-dawg

msu-dawg New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Thanks, that's what I figured was the case.