Transfer Recordings from Series 1 to Series 2

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by geoffb1974, Sep 27, 2007.

1. geoffb1974

geoffb1974 New Member

Apr 14, 2002
    New York
    I have an old Series 1 that I would like to retire or sell or play around with, but I would like to move the recordings off of it. I know that I can just do a dump from av out to av in and end up with a massive file on the new Tivo with no program info. What I would like is a way to retain all my individual shows and program info. Can I take the drive out and boot it to a LINUX OS and move the .tivo files off and then move to my PC and do the TivoBack thing. Has anyone been able to do this any other way. I would love any suggestions.

Thanks

2. StanSimmons

StanSimmons Senior Moment Member

Jun 10, 2000
    Flower...
    I just finished moving a bunch of shows off of a S1 to a S2.

Both TiVo's were hacked and networked. I used MFS_FTP to pull shows off of the S1, this was VERY slow, it took a couple of days... mostly because of the slow speed of the TiVoNet card. I then setup TiVoServer on a pc and pointed it at the directory of .TMF files from the S1. At that point I was able to use MRV transfers to pull the shows onto the S2 box.

Without having both TiVo's hacked, I'm not sure how to do what you want.

3. BTUx9

BTUx9 back?

Nov 13, 2003
    Rockport, MA
    What you're asking about is extraction (and more than that, involves defeating encryption for unhacked boxes), and thus we can't discuss it here... look around on DDB.

4. geoffb1974

geoffb1974 New Member

Apr 14, 2002
    New York
    this is on a previously hacked svr2000. it has a 100 gb drive. it does not have tivonet or turbonet.

5. BTUx9

BTUx9 back?

Nov 13, 2003
    Rockport, MA
    it's still extraction, so can't be discussed here (a policy I happen to disagree with, but that's neither here nor there), but I'll give you a hint: mfs_tmfstream