Transfer programs between Tivo boxes after new interface no longer an option?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by qman68, May 6, 2018.

1. May 6, 2018 #1 of 26
    qman68

qman68 New Member

May 30, 2004
    I have 2 Tivo boxes a TiVo BOLT 500 GB and TiVo Series 5 Roamio. I have always been able to transfer programs between the 2 boxes. Recently received the menu upgrade on both of my Tivo Boxes and I can no longer find how to transfer programs. Is this no longer an option?

Please help.

Thanks

2. May 6, 2018 #2 of 26
    morac

morac Cat God

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    You can still do so, but it needs to be done on http://online.tivo.com under the Manage -> Transfer Recordings page, not on the boxes themselves.

3. May 6, 2018 #3 of 26
    celtic pride

celtic pride Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Will they ever change to the old way again? i dont use smart phones and i hate to go turn on my computer just to transfer a show.

4. May 6, 2018 #4 of 26
    JACKASTOR

JACKASTOR Active Member

May 26, 2011
    ONTARIO,...
    Small steps. But you know, what the TiVo online interface gives you many more management options that you may appreciate. At the very least check it out.

5. May 6, 2018 #5 of 26
    reneg

reneg Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2002
    In an effort to be more like cable company DVRs, Tivo has decided to make this feature as inconvenient and as hard to use as possible. :)

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    mattack, samccfl99 and stile99 like this.
  6. May 6, 2018 #6 of 26
    JACKASTOR

JACKASTOR Active Member

May 26, 2011
    ONTARIO,...
    That’s not at all a correct statement and you know it.

7. May 6, 2018 #7 of 26
    samccfl99

samccfl99 I Am Sometimes Vocal

Sep 7, 2013
    coconut...

Tivo Online SUCKS!!! If they fixed it MAYBE some people would not complain about this stupidity of what they have done with Tivo to Tivo transfers.

Load ALL files in one page WITHOUT having to scroll Continuously to see more entries.

How about a SEARCH for people that have Hundreds or Thousands of recordings?

I think that there is NOTHING that YOU dislike about ANYTHING Tivo does!!!

Yes, little rant...too bad.

mattack likes this.
  8. May 6, 2018 #8 of 26
    JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    You really need to use more misplaced commas. :D

CloudAtlas, tenthplanet and dianebrat like this.
  9. May 6, 2018 #9 of 26
    reneg

reneg Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Guess I forgot the smiley face:)

tenthplanet likes this.
  10. stile99

stile99 Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2002
    I'm more of a FAN of the RANDOM CAPS.

11. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    That should be "Random Caps".

jason.bottjen likes this.
  12. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    ??? Load all the files? That wouldn't work. The font would be too tiny to read when you have hundreds of recordings on the screen at once.

And you can sort either by date or by name. So it isn't difficult to find anything. And as you scroll down you don't need to wait since the shows pop up basically in an instant.

13. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I just let it sit for over 2 minutes (it was going a while before I started the stopwatch), and it's still showing the blue spinning wheel...

No progress at all.. kmttg at least show you progress, and getting my now playing on my phone is USUALLY very very fast (though yes you have to scroll down to show more).

14. samccfl99

Sep 7, 2013
    coconut...
    There is Absolutely Nothing wrong with that last line...

15. samccfl99

Sep 7, 2013
    coconut...
    I think someone is smoking something if you cannot understand the complaints. Is your first paragraph (second too) a joke?

Try using it when you have over ONE THOUSAND recordings. So many Tivo, Inc lovers in here who think they walk on water coding wise.

So to explain more simply, I rarely come across a web page that does NOT buffer a whole table instantly when there are many entries.

And again, the ridiculous (wrong) grammar comments from many (you are excused Joe ;))...:rolleyes::p

16. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I only have a few hundred recordings on each of my main TiVos(A 3TB Roamio on OTA and a 4TB Bolt on FiOS). Not over 1000 shows on each box. But with a few hundred they almost pop up instantly as you scroll down on the TiVo Online website.. This is from my work PC and my Home PC. Which both have GigE internet pipes.
    I would have close to 1000 if I didn't use Plex to transfer most of my recordings to a PC dedicated to kmttg and Plex.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  17. samccfl99

Sep 7, 2013
    coconut...
    I just tested it with my 2TB XL4 with 462 recordings on it and the same thing happens. I even tried it by date and alpha order. PC here too. The speed has nothing to with anything really. I should be able to scroll (actually drag the slider down) to the bottom of the list without resetting the mouse position. That would be normal. Also it has been sitting for many minutes already and still have to drag it by pieces. I don't know much about HTML, but other websites work the normal way. Oh well!

18. kcejo

kcejo Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Well, I can't seem to go to online.tivo.com and transfer shows from my non-Hydra Roamio to my Hydra Bolt. I go through all the steps to transfer and then check my To Do List and nothing is transferring. Is this another Hydra issue?

19. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    First, the transfer dialog has a second box to confirm the transfer. But lately, I seem to get two copies. I have never had a transfer problem other than the two copy issue that is recent.

Try a transfer the other way to check the TDL.

20. kcejo

kcejo Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Yes, I confirm the transfer. Just tested the transfer going the other way and it works, went really fast, too. So, apparently it's only a problem with transferring from non-Hydra to Hydra. Weird.