Transfer ownership of lifetime

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Rey, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Rey

Rey Active Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Florida

Advertisements

I am getting rid of comcast and my tivos. When I sell my Roamio Pro and mini both with lifetime is it as simple as what I quoted below?
    ---
    Transfer to New Owner
    Step
    Call TiVo customer support at 1-877-367-8486. Choose the Billing and Account Service option from the automated menu. From here select the "Other Questions" option.

Step
    Tell a customer representative you would like to authorize a service transfer of your TiVo Product Lifetime Service Account to a new owner.

Step
    Give the TiVo unit and all necessary documents and accessories to the new owner after the Product Lifetime Service transfer is authorized by TiVo customer support. Tell the new owner to set up a new account with his or her own name and contact information.

2. unclehonkey

unclehonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Mankato, MN
    yup pretty much. Just tell them you need to open a ticket to transfer a Tivo. Tell them the TSN for the particular Tivo (I always say the model if you have more than one Tivo on the account then the last 4 of the TSN). If its multiple Tivo's to the same owner then let them know that.

You'll get a reference number that you give to the new owner

They call in and give reference number and **poof** its done :)

Rey likes this.
  3. Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    My advice: unless you need the money.
    Keep the tivos, keep them plugged in and connected to the network.
    Cost is very little to just keep them, with life time subscription.

You will (likely) need them in the future.

dishrich likes this.
  4. Rey

Rey Active Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Florida
    Thanks guys, and yes I need the money for sure.

5. FLSunshine

FLSunshine New Member

Mar 6, 2020

Advertisements

What do you want for them?

6. dishrich

dishrich Active Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Springfield, IL
    When I bought a lifetimed Roamio off ebay last month, I didn't even call in; I just opened a Tivo service ticket with all the pertinent info the day before, (IMHO, having everything in writing is better than trying to convey this info over the phone) & by the next morning, it was all done...correctly! :cool:

unclehonkey likes this.
  7. Rey

Rey Active Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Florida
    I'm not sure yet. I grabbed the original boxes out of the closet which have the remotes inside unused. I have a harmony remote so I never use them. I also have one of the tivo keyboard slide remotes back lit. I had bought it for the bedroom.

8. Aug 5, 2020 #8 of 11
    rjbuilder

rjbuilder New Member

Aug 5, 2020

9. Aug 5, 2020 #9 of 11
    rjbuilder

rjbuilder New Member

Aug 5, 2020
    I don't know if I am in the right place for this post but I would like to buy a TiVo Roamio Plus with lifetime service from an individual. I can't seem to find out if or how much TiVo would charge me to set up an account for the transfer. Any info would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Richard

10. pfiagra

pfiagra Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2014
    if the dvr has lifetime service, there is no charge for transferring it to another’s account

11. rjbuilder

rjbuilder New Member

Aug 5, 2020
    Thanks for getting back to me. I had read somewhere that they were charging $100.00 to transfer.
    Maybe that was for the same owner to upgrade to a new TiVo.
    Richard

HerronScott likes this.