transfer of tivo subscription

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by irving, Jan 10, 2006.

1. irving

irving New Member

May 11, 2002

Advertisements

In March 2005 i read this in another forum

TiVo will transfer the lifetime subscription to another tivo is it is the *exact* same model. The motherboards are the same between Philips (all S1 models) and Sony S1 TiVos but TiVo can tell from the serial number what model the motherboard came out of.

is this still the tivo policy
    i have a dead sony sa 1 with a lifetime subscription that i would not like to lose

thanks

2. Aflat

Aflat Member

Aug 29, 2005
    If it's dead, I'm pretty sure you can still transfer it, call up Tivo and talk to them about it.

3. TiVoStephen

TiVoStephen formerly TiVoOpsMgr

Jun 27, 2000
    Alviso, CA, USA
    That's actually still our policy in the case of a repair by the manufacturer.

So, if your dead Sony Series1 unit is replaced by the manufacturer with a different Sony Series1 unit, you can transfer your Product Lifetime service by either calling customer support or using Manage My Account.

Best regards,
    Stephen

4. ADent

ADent Active Member

Jan 7, 2000
    Denver, CO
  5. Stanley Rohner

Stanley Rohner New Member

Jan 18, 2004
    oklahoma

Advertisements

Sounds illegal to me. Maybe the TiVoOpsMgr will have to investigate this further.

6. timr_42

timr_42 Active Member

Oct 14, 2001
    st louis, MO
    Stephen

Question, I had my S1 die and was still under BB extended service plan. They replaced it was a S2(I had to pay the difference in price). Tivo transfered the service because it was a replacement. Is that still policy, since I went from one model to another model, was the transfer correct?

7. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    That's a different case. If it was under an extended warranty, TiVo will transfer the lifetime over to the new box. I have the BB warranty and had to use it twice and had no problems at all transferring the lifetime to the new box.