Transfer of deleted folders from a s3 to premiere

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by caddyroger, Mar 31, 2010.

1. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...

Advertisements

From reading other post I know you can transfer programs from one Tivo to another Tivo. Can you transfer the deleted folder from the S3 to the Premiere with all deleted shows in it?
    What I want to do is use the deleted folder to set up my season passes.

2. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 23, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    This is not possible, I'm afraid.

3. rifleman69

rifleman69 Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Oregon
    Undelete one show from each program then transfer over. Case closed.

4. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...
    Ok but it will transfer the other non deleted programs?

5. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...

Advertisements

That was my back up plan if I could not move the deleted folder over. Thanks

6. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    Well, not automatically. From the new TiVo you need to select each show you want transfered*. The other TiVo will be at the bottom of the Now Playing list (at least in the classic interface, don't know for sure with the Premiere's new HD interface), open it like a folder and each show you select will be queued up to transfer.

Note: Shows with copy protection set cannot be transfered. (Copy protection varies massivly by cable provider, some protect nothing, some protect premium channels only, some protect everything not prohibited by law, and cablevision got a waiver to copy protect absolutely everything)

*Thw TiVos must both be active, must both be on the same network, and your account must have sharing turned on from TiVo.com (don't remember if it's on by default)