Transfer from Series 2 to Premiere?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by loribigby, Jan 26, 2011.

1. loribigby

loribigby New Member

Nov 23, 2004

Advertisements

I just bought two new Premiere Tivo's. I already owned a Series 2 Tivo. I've now got all three hooked up to my network and neither Premiere sees the Series 2 (though they see each other). I rebooted the router and all three Tivo's. What else should I try?

2. Geemer

Geemer New Member

Mar 21, 2008
    I have a Premier, a Series 3, and a Series 2, and they all see each other on the network and can transfer shows to each other. Have you checked TiVo.com to make sure you setup the boxes to all allow multi-room viewing? Specifically, did you set the Series 2 to allow transfers?

3. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    If you haven't already, you need to go to your account at Tivo.com and under DVR Preferences, check the boxes to activate downloads and transfers for all Tivos.
    Force the Tivos to connect to the Tivo Service.

If you have already done this, note that it may take up to 24 hours for everything to sync up and show on the Tivo.

4. loribigby

loribigby New Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Thanks so much for replying. It was something stupid. I moved the series 2 and was using the same ip and password as before. It had given me a good connectivity rate but I hadn't noticed that the gateway wasn't found. Duh! Sorry for being a goofball. It works now.