Transfer from PC to Tivo

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by papabear075, Sep 13, 2007.

1. papabear075

papabear075 New Member

Sep 13, 2007

Advertisements

I can transfer stuff from Tivo to PC but my Tivo box doesn't seem to recognize my Tivo server. I have photos and music published and have used it before but I am not sure what is going on or when it became a problem. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Papabear

2. restart88

restart88 New Member

Mar 9, 2002
    St....
    I'm thinking it may be a firewall issue. You have the exception in the firewall to allow Tivo to PC but the music & photos may need a different port to be allowed.

First try turning off all firewalls and see if it will work then. If so, then it's just a matter of giving an exception to the port(s) needed.

3. papabear075

papabear075 New Member

Sep 13, 2007
    I opened all the ports support told me about. Not sure what to do next

4. Thunderclap

Thunderclap Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Chicago area
    This is a pretty basic question but did you install Tivo Desktop?

5. restart88

restart88 New Member

Mar 9, 2002
    St....

Advertisements

Did you try turning off all the firewalls & antivirus to see if it worked then?

I've also come to a recent problem with Spybot Search & Destroy not wanting to allow things from time to time on one PC (probably put it in expert mode), so I suppose you could even try turning off any similar programs.

6. papabear075

papabear075 New Member

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah I have Tivo desktop installed and I have tried turning off my anti-virus and spy stuff. The only thing I haven't done is turn off stealth mode on my firewall, but I can't imagine thats the problem.

7. papabear075

papabear075 New Member

Sep 13, 2007
    ok disabling everything didn't work either, I am so baffled.