Transfer from PC to Tivo not happening

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by RawDawg, Aug 18, 2007.

1. RawDawg

RawDawg New Member

Aug 18, 2007

Advertisements

Just got a Series 2 DT (finally moved on from the old series 1 unit), and so far the experience has been less than impressive.

First...and not that this is completely the fault of Tivo....but the Dual Tuner feature is completely useless for my cable system (TW in NYC). The mapping of the basic channels that are being delivered via the RF connection do not correspond with the listing that Tivo has labled "cbl" in the guide. Again, that's likely due to no fault of their own, so I don't hold them accountable for that. But unless there's a way for me to program which channels deliver what networks in "basic/RF" mode, I'm still at a loss.

But that's not my main concern right now.

It seems that the ability to place video clips into the "My Tivo Recordings" folder and see them in my "Now Playing List" doesn't work. The transfer of clips from the Tivo-to-PC into the that folder works fine, but nothing's going on in the other direction.

Some of the other networked features were a not functioning earlier (live365, podcaster, games) but they're ok now.

I have an .avi and .wmv file in the folder but neither is showing in the list. There is nothing in the Now Playing List that would even indicate that Tivo is recognizing the presence of my computer.

Is there something I'm missing? :confused:

2. rambler

rambler Member

Dec 3, 2005
    The format of your avi/wmv files probably isn't exactly what tivo needs them to be. I forget specifics but someone else will chime in. You'd need to do a little conversion work on them. I run BT avi's thru a program called Videora (free) that converts them to an mpg file that tivo will accept.