"Tours" videos... yet AGAIN

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by crxssi, Jun 10, 2011.

1. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    Well, things continue to be strange in the land of the Premiere. Today, my TiVo decided to download the five "TiVo Premiere Tours", yet again, after the normally scheduled service connection:

"More than a cable box"
    "Your movie box"
    "Your web box"
    "Your music box"
    "It's the one box"

It already did this once after the 14.8 update. And now again?? I am not sure what it could mean. Perhaps there is something wrong with the database at TiVo? Maybe they want to share these same old (somewhat misleading) videos after every update now and the "U" version of the update triggered yet another download after several days? That has to amount to a whole lot of bandwidth they are going to be giving up if they plan to push these over and over to every active box (if that is what is happening).

There were other reports of this happening to other people also (in unrelated threads) but that was a while ago. Hmm

2. smbaker

smbaker Well-Known Member

May 24, 2003
    It probably means the Tivo servers suffer the same reboots, lockups, and other faults as the Premiere. Maybe they re-implemented the database in flash.

3. L David Matheny

L David Matheny Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    SE Ohio
    I got them also, and all five this time. The last time (on 5/25) my Premiere received only the first four; "It's the one box" never arrived.

4. Philmatic

Philmatic Member

Sep 17, 2003
    I got them as well, on both of my TiVo which a few days ago pulled down the "U" update.

5. rahnbo

rahnbo Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    Yep, I got them again today on both Premieres. That's 3 times now within a few weeks and as far as I know I have no new update since they pushed out the update that was "supposed" to fix the HDUI lockup.

6. Philmatic

Philmatic Member

Sep 17, 2003
    Maybe they just want to remind us how "awesome" this "one box" solution is? :)

7. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    A few weeks ago I got three of them. This time I got all 5, but two showed up yesterday and three showed up today.

Are these videos always on the Premiere in that section of hd space that Tivo reserves for itself?

8. TheWGP

TheWGP Hmmm...

Oct 26, 2007
    Did anyone watch them and see if there were changes made? I imagine they might have had to fine tune wording about what's available and make sure not to imply Hulu (non-plus) is available, etc, etc... who knows really. Slightly annoying for all of us who are quite aware of what's available!

9. Ruth

Ruth Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Anchorage,...
    I am also getting these over and over again. Annoying!

10. TiVoStephen

TiVoStephen formerly TiVoOpsMgr

Jun 27, 2000
    Alviso, CA, USA
    Very sorry for the inconvenience. The current 5 everyone just received are in fact revised (now mentioning Hulu, for example). They should have replaced all previous versions.

They use very little space -- less than 15 seconds of HD video altogether.

11. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    The space doesn't bother me, just the fact that it was doing it seemed like it indicated something was broken. It is nice to know it [at least the last iteration] was due to an update in the content.

I can't imagine how much bandwidth this is sucking from your servers :)

12. RandallW

RandallW New Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Hrm, I too received these on my TiVo-P box, but haven't watched them yet. Don't knock the vids too much, as my wife and I are in them. =P