Tour de France 2019

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by aforkosh, Jul 24, 2019.

1. aforkosh

aforkosh Member

Apr 20, 2003
    Oakland, CA

Advertisements

Note that the live show on Saturday, July 27, will be on the mother network (NBC), not NBCSN starting at 8 AM EDT (5 AM for those of us on the Left Coast).

2. DeltaOne

DeltaOne Mount Airy, MD

Sep 29, 2013
    Good catch. My To Do List did have the Saturday show on NBC.

But, my To Do List did not have the Sunday morning show on NBCSN, 9 to 12. I had to add it manually. It did have the shows beginning at noon, the conclusion.

3. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead TCF Club

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    If you miss the 27 July broadcast of stage 20 on NBC, it will be rebroadcast on 28 July on NBCSN before stage 21 on NBCSN.

I'm looking forward to the next three stages (18-20). Bring on the Alps.

lalouque likes this.
  4. aforkosh

aforkosh Member

Apr 20, 2003
    Oakland, CA
    Coverage of the final stage on Sunday, July 28 is split into 3 programs:

1) The Tour de France Pre Show on NBCSN at Noon EDT (9 am PDT). Note that the racers start moving at 1805 in Paris, so there should be some live coverage during this show,
    2) Tour de France Stage 21 on NBCSN from 12:30 PM to 2 pm EDT (9:30 am to 11 am PDT)
    3) Tour de France Stage 21 on NBC from 2 pm to 4 pm EDT (11 am to 1 pm PDT).

Note that TiVo does not recognize the NBC show as being a different show from the NBCSN show. You will need to set up the NBC show as a manual recording starting 5 minutes before the coverage so that Tivo does not think you are trying to record a replacement for the NBCSN broadcast. If you don't this, TiVo will record the NBC broadcast INSTEAD of the NBCSN broadcast rather than IN ADDITION TO the NBCSN broadcast. You might also add padding if NBC extends the coverage of presentations. The predicted race schedule shows 2130 (3:30 pm EDT) as the estimated latest finish time. The final stage usually does run long.

5. DeltaOne

DeltaOne Mount Airy, MD

Sep 29, 2013

Advertisements

Could they make it any more confusing? Me...I'm recording anything labeled Tour de France on NBC or NBCSN.

I'll sort it out once I begin viewing. I let my TiVo record about two hours before I begin viewing. Too many commercials, and too many commercials jammed in to the opening hour or two.

I'm kinda new to this...I think this is my third year of watching the Tour de France. Just learned about the August race in Spain...it's supposed to be on NBCSN. And a May/June race in Italy? Maybe next year.