Touch - preview show - 1/25/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by bryhamm, Jan 25, 2012.

1. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Was actually pretty cool with all the inter-twinements (is that even a word?)

2. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Intertwingled. :)

3. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I must have missed something because clearly this show was really striving to cover all of its bases...but...but was it previously mentioned how the Indian lady had access to an oven (other than her line about knowing someone in Restaurant supplies)?

The Jury is still out for me on this one. I understand that there are patterns that we don't see but the boy can, but it really came off as contrived to me. I'll still give it a chance though as it is well made and acted. :)

4. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    If you missed this, as I did, :eek:, the pilot is free to download on iTunes.

Has this been scheduled as a series yet? I don't see it in my TiVo Guide.

5. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    First episode is March 19th!

The connection was the phone. The English guy who called Bohn right at the start was in Restaurant Supplies and wanted to get the phone back because it had pictures of his deceased daughter on it, which happened to be the one that was used as a timer for the bomb in Iraq.

Interesting enough to at least watch the first few when it eventually starts in March. Contrived, yes, but intriguing, too.

6. Mr. Soze

Mr. Soze Back by popular demand

Nov 1, 2002
    The 75006...
    You hit the perfect word for this. Contrived. And so telegraphed from a mile away, I felt I could see the future too. For example, did anyone NOT see it coming that the dead little girl's photos were going to be on the billboards while daddy was there? :rolleyes:

I'd give it a D for Disappointing.

7. Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Didn't like it................

8. caslu

caslu Active Member

Jun 24, 2003
    It was contrived but I did like it... though probably not enough to keep watching if this is what they're going to do every week.

9. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    A different kind of show but yeah, contrived. We'll probably watch one or two more episodes to see if they bring it down closer to earth, but I don't have high hopes. And I've never been a big fan of Kiefer's over-the-top style of acting.

10. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Longest iPhone commercial ever. Hey, here's a thought, you want to make a singer famous? Upload it to YouTube. Of course, sending the phone out into the ether, hoping that a geisha, who knows a Jumbotron programmer, might find it and start a fan club, is a sure fire bet too.

And I'm pretty sure that the terrorists are going to just forget that Baghdad Boy didn't explode the bomb - even though he got a shiny new oven.

Maybe when the series starts, they can end the eps by having everyone fart rainbows.

11. markp99

markp99 TakoKichi TCF Club

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH
    I wonder what the season arc will be, or just a whole new set of numbers/threads neatly resolved within each episode.

I'll be watching to find out. :)

Disappointed Jack did not actually kill anyone, and that Chloe did not get to assist by adjusting satellite positions.

12. dimented

dimented Comfortably Numb TCF Club

May 21, 2003
    Somewhere...
    Decent enough. I will give it a few more episodes to see if they can take any where.

13. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    I was almost expecting Tim Tebow to show up with a "Missed it by two" comment!!!!!

:D

14. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I didn't especially like this show. I am curious where the next couple episodes are going to go though. So, I will watch 2-3 more episodes before canning it.

15. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    The phone's owner had just told her that was his line of business. How he was able to coordinate delivery of the oven is an exercise left to the viewer.

Out of everything, that was my biggest gripe.

During the train station theme, I remarked to my wife that he really needed to establish a hard perimeter. She correctly noted that it wouldn't make any difference - it never does.

Took me a while to figure out where I knew the firefighter from. He was the Man In Black on LOST, but for some reason I kept thinking I knew him from "Survivor"

There were more than a couple of parts of this that I admit I just didn't understand. Like the thing with the social worker's mother - was that tied to anything or just something to bring the social worker on board?

Talk about an unfired Chekhov's gun: why have a line about the risk of getting fried on the cell tower if it had been raining, and then have a later scene on the tower in the rain but nobody gets so much as a tiny shock?

So if he can see the (metaphorical) red threads and patterns, what does this mean in regards to free will and predestination? Did the boy intervene to save the school bus kids of his own volition, or did he have no choice in the matter because he was tied to them?

On the whole, I liked it.

16. Mr. Soze

Mr. Soze Back by popular demand

Nov 1, 2002
    The 75006...
    Also "Jimmy O" from Sons of Anarchy.

17. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    The Sons of Anarchy cast seems to get around. I've seen a few of them on a number of other different shows.

I like this show and I'm going to keep it and I hope it has some longevity in it. It's a feel good show and I like it!

18. Michael S

Michael S Member

Jan 12, 2004
    At least Ando helped his sister. I thought he would be busy helping Hiro save the world. :)

19. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Actually it was an HTC Evo. :p

I used to have one -- hated it. :thumbsdown: Got an iPhone 4 instead.

20. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area

I recognized him from Sons of Anarchy before Lost.