Touch on Fox

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by mm2margaret, Jan 25, 2012.

1. mm2margaret

mm2margaret Meagan

Dec 7, 2010
    northern...
    I have no idea if this is going to be good or not, but I will give this a try and will season pass it at the start....

Here's the summary (from MSN)...."Kiefer Sutherland returns to television in this new drama about a widower and single father haunted by an inability to connect to his mute 11-year-old son (David Mazouz). But everything changes when he discovers that the boy possesses a gift of staggering genius: the ability to see things that no one else can, including patterns that connect seemingly unrelated events....."

2. Thunderclap

Thunderclap Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Chicago area
    From the preview it looks a lot like the Nicolas Cage film "Knowing" from a few years back. I still plan on watching it, but if its a complete rip off I'll probably dump it.

3. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    It's in a 1:07 time slot.. wonder if I should still pad it a minute or two.. probably will when I get home.

4. AlphaDelta

AlphaDelta Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Ann Arbor, MI
    It looks interesting. Wonder why we have to wait until March for the next episode.

5. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Because this was just a 'preview'. Touch will take Alcatraz's spot on Mondays at 9pm after it's finale has aired on March 12.

6. dbranco

dbranco Active Member

Nov 20, 2003
    NH
    If you are recording Touch -- pad your recordings! It follows American Idol, which notoriously goes longer than planned. This past week went over by about 1.5 minutes.

7. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Thanks for the warning. But...

SP deleted. I refuse to play the "never know when a show starts/stops" game, unless it's must see TV. I hadn't watched this week's episode, but a quick check showed it chopped off the end. So now a show I was watching but not committed to was just given the death sentence by FOX (IMHO)

Sometimes networks amaze me with their short-sightedness.

8. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Yep, I didn't know to make it longer so I may just dump the SP also.

9. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2002
    AR
    We liked the first two episodes and will keep the season pass for now, thanks for the padding alert.