Toshiba SDH400 - Picture n Picture

Discussion in 'DVD TiVo Units (Archive)' started by gumbigirl, Sep 24, 2007.

1. gumbigirl

gumbigirl New Member

Sep 24, 2007

Advertisements

I just reconnected my Toshiba and can't get the PIP to work on my TV. I seem to remember it worked before. Any one have any ideas on what might be wrong with my connection.

Thanks
    :up:

2. megazone

megazone Hardcore TiVo Geek

Mar 3, 2002
    .worcester.m...
    The Toshiba has one output and that's it, your TV is going to need two video sources for PIP. The TiVo has nothing at all to do with the PIP in your TV.

What else do you have feeding your TV?

3. gumbigirl

gumbigirl New Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Megazone,
    Thanks for your answer. I could figure this out but it would take a long time. Would my PIP work if I hooked up a VCR and ran it through that? Sorry, I don't understand why my TV is just fuz on the channel when I go from the Video 1/TiVo to regular channel. Make since? :confused:

4. megazone

megazone Hardcore TiVo Geek

Mar 3, 2002
    .worcester.m...
    What it comes down to is your TV needs two video sources to be able to display two things. It sounds like you only have one source (the TiVo) feeding the TV, so there is nothing on the other one. When you do PIP you're showing *two* sources at once - the main one and the second one in the window. So you need something else to feed the TV. The VCR is not going to help unless it is on and playing something.

5. JamieP

JamieP Member

Aug 2, 2004

Advertisements

One of the sources could be the TV's tuner. To the OP: do you have cable or an antenna hooked up to the TV? Sounds like you might have forgotten to hook that up.

6. lafos

lafos Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2004
    Sioux Falls, SD
    If you are using the component out on the Toshiba, many TV's won't permit PIP with a component input active. You could try S-video.