Toshiba SD-H400 Power up Loop

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by ScottNY845, Mar 18, 2007.

1. ScottNY845

ScottNY845 New Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New York

Advertisements

Hello All:

I have this unit and it is in a PoWER UP LOOP. I get the WELCOME ,POWERING UP screen and then goes to JUST A FEW MORE MINS and then back to the WELCOME, POWERING UP screen....

This is happening and within a loop that never ends....I tried unplugging the unit and it still happens. Is this a HD failure?

2. RoyK

RoyK New Member

Oct 22, 2004
    SW VA
    Almost certainly it is. I can recommend weaknees - just replaced the HD in my SD-H400 with one of theirs. Simple job - 10 min.

3. msrolla

msrolla 3000

Feb 11, 2004
    +1

A new HD from Weaknees cured the same problems on my SD-H400.

4. Hash

Hash CMD-82 ECM

Apr 6, 2006

Advertisements

Most of my TiVo's are DirecTiVos - but my very first TiVo (and I still have it for OTA and as my DVD player in one room) is a SD-H400... My past experience would indicate that your problem is a power supply issue. I state this because:
    1) I have had to replace BOTH the power supply (1x) and Hard drive (3x) in this unit (it's pushing 5 years old).

2) Generally a Hard Drive problem manifests itself by never actually getting to the "Just a few minutes more" screen.

3) The loop restarting after about a second of the "Just a few minutes more" coincides with the unit transitioning from the BIOS load / POST to the O/S loading off of the hard drive. If the power supply is flakey, this is where the voltage will destabilize (usually the 3.3V line) and effectively "Reset" the mother board.

Hash

5. bte4

bte4 New Member

Nov 28, 2005
    If you're getting no response whatsoever from the SD-h400, does this positively mean that the power supply has failed? If so, any recommendations on where to purchase a new power supply and how hard the job is. I've replaced several hard drives in SD-H400s but never had to mess with a power supply. Thanks for your help.