Toshiba SD-H400 DVD Tray Won't Open

Discussion in 'DVD TiVo Units (Archive)' started by davedonohue, Dec 17, 2005.

1. davedonohue

davedonohue New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    Charlottesvi...

Advertisements

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

I mistakenly loaded a data DVD into my SD-H400 instead of the movie I intended to watch. Sadly, there appears to be no way for me to get it out. The machine just scrolls "LOADING" forever and ever and ever...no amount of hitting the open/close button, etc. will open it again.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I might get the offending disc out? It hasn't affected the TiVo functionality any, but the constant attempts to recognize the disc probably aren't great for the DVD side of the equation.

2. davedonohue

davedonohue New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    Charlottesvi...
    Just in case anyone runs into a similar problem - prying open the tray cover seems to have fixed it.

3. lafos

lafos Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2004
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I hope you did this with power disconnected

4. Peevo

Peevo New Member

Aug 5, 2007
    I had the same problem with my Toshiba SDH400 I think they are putting in crap DVD drives. I just poured water on mine and it works great now.

5. nocturne1

nocturne1 Member

Aug 17, 2004

Advertisements

Mine just won't play anything anymore. But it opens. Guess I'm lucky... :rolleyes:

6. cornbred

cornbred New Member

Apr 23, 2007
    I recently had a DVD freeze up my SD-H400. Tried rebooting but I think the DVD trapped the Tivo in a loop and it wouldn't get past "Almost there...". Anyhow, I had to take the thing apart to pop out the DVD and it was a nightmare. It's not a standard DVD unit where you can wiggle a paper clip and the disc pops out. It was so much trouble, I went ahead and upgraded the drive.

7. nocturne1

nocturne1 Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Does any PC DVD drive work? Or only specific models?

8. cornbred

cornbred New Member

Apr 23, 2007
    Upgraded the hard drive. Didn't mess with the DVD drive.