Toshiba RS-TX60 Progressive output looks pretty bad

Discussion in 'DVD TiVo Units (Archive)' started by wsalopek, Jan 21, 2006.

1. wsalopek

wsalopek New Member

Jul 20, 2002
    I have a Toshiba RS-TX60...just bought it refurbished from "Refurb Depot" for $399...seemed like a good deal...I have had a Sony SVR-2000 for about 8 years.

My display device is an NEC HT1000 DLP projector...it does accept progressive scanned sources...the Toshiba is hooked to the NEC via component cables.

When I select "progressive" on the Toshiba, the picture gets noticeably dimmer and less sharp.

This has not happenned in the past with other devices that have selectable interlace/progressive outputs (DVD players).

Do I have a faulty Toshiba TiVo unit? Or is this normal? If it's normal, the progressive output on the Toshiba is unuseable.

Thanks...

2. wsalopek

wsalopek New Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Does anyone's picture dim quite noticeably when you switch from interlaced to progressive?

Does anyone's picture NOT dim when you switch from interlaced to progressive?

Is anyone using progressive?

Thanks very much...

3. turnipsun

turnipsun New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    Santa Clarita
    Hello,

I also have the same diming problem with my DRT800, it looks horrible, there is so much pixellation in some areas.

I do not know what to do to fix this.
    But it is very frustrating to be using a connection that is saposed to be better but is not!!

Chris

4. SystemJinx

SystemJinx (o_0)

Aug 13, 2005
    North of...
    I have an RS-TX20 and use progressive. I can't say I've seen any dimming or pixelation. Keep in mind most people use interlaced while viewing TV shows. Progressive requires the Tivo to upconvert to a higher (HD) picture quality from an analog stream and this tends to amplify artifacts/distortions that aren't as visible while using interlaced.