Topics or Occupations we need a Reality Series about

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Steveknj, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    So we've had reality series about just about EVERY topic, from food truck owners to ice road truckers to sports teams. I rarely watch any of these, but I was wondering...what reality series topic or occupation have we NOT had one about yet?

2. HomieG

HomieG Nowhere Man...

Feb 17, 2003
    Somewhere...
    Buying HP Touchpads at clearance prices...

3. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Wastewater Treatment Operator. The show can be called "Up to my knees.."

4. whitson77

whitson77 Active Member

Nov 10, 2002
    I want a reality show about people who run around destroying reality shows and proving they are scripted and fake. That would be cool.

5. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Yeah a show that follows Mark Burnett around all day to show how all of that "drama" is staged and scripted. Along with showing the contestant and cast member selection and how they pick out the biggest idiots while passing on normal pragmatic people...

6. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    A reality-based CSI type show that follows the different job occupations would be nice. I watched a 3 part series called True Grime: Crime Scene Cleanup and found it in turns fascinating and revolting.

7. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    In fairness, I doubt a lot of normal pragmatic folks are applying. Would kinda go against the whole pragmatic thing to upend your life for 15 minutes of fame on a TV show.

8. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I'd watch that :)

9. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    Would like to see that but it appears they aren't show it anymore. Bummer.

Reminds me of a book I read. The Mystic Arts of Erasing All Signs of Death.

10. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    Lemming of the BDA!:D

It's a MAN'S life in the British Dental Association...

11. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    You can replace "Mark Burnett" with "Simon Fuller" and it would be just as, if not even more, accurate.

Ironically, (reportedly) it was Mark Burnett who pulled the plug on Our Little Genius (a version of The $64,000 Question with kids) when he found out it wasn't entirely on the up-and-up. (Of course, "staging" a reality show is one thing, but staging a game show that involves "intellectual skill" is illegal.)

12. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    I think the OP is talking about the "day in the life" reality show, as opposed to the game variety.

In that case, I'd like to see a show about designing and installing mega expensive home theaters in mega expensive homes. Or a show that follows around a Army combat unit on a long term basis.

Both might have already been done, but I don't recall them.

13. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    The first one has definitely been done. But I'm not sure if it's an actual "series". My wife is an avid watcher of DIY and HGTV and one of those networks definitely had a show about that topic.

14. tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    The secret life of engineers.

15. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Cathouse was awesome!

I really enjoyed that "reality" show that Vincent Pastore hosted that followed repomen around. I think it was called Repomen: Stealing for a living.

That interested me.

16. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    I'd be interested in seeing a show about video game development teams. Both small indie houses, as well as major AAA studios.

Geoff Keighley used to be famous for his longform 'Final Hours' articles where he'd cover the end phase of a game, but I'd like to see the whole thing, and in video form.

17. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    How about one about the IT guys and gals of the world. "Mission Impossible: Fix this network system" and how they have to deal with the dopes that don't know how to even turn the computer on and off.

18. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Tim Tebow

(just kidding)

19. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I think we need a reality series about people who post on Forums like this.....do they have a real life? Do they actually look like their little avatar picture? They could explain what smeeking is and why there is 1000s of pages worth of messages arguing about which is better, Macs or PCs? :)

20. DougF

DougF Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2003
    North Dakota
    Parking lots. I love watching people go to such extremes to get out of walking more.