Top Chef: S09E07 Game On OAD 12/14/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Agatha Mystery, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    Holy crap! Heather just seriously lost it. Yeah, I predict she goes home relatively soon. I felt bad for Dakota with the venison. Once they cut the rack and saw how raw it was, I think I would have put it in a pan and seared it or something.

I felt it was schmaltzy that they trotted out Beverly's abuse story. I think they've decided that Heather is the villain this season, and poor Bev is just put upon. I think in past episodes, Heather had some good points, but this episode, she was completely irrational. She was talking about how Beverly needed to work together, and that Beverly was constantly needing reassurance. I saw it that Bev was checking with Heather to make sure she agreed before going further, since it was a joint dish. Heather never really compromised - she just wanted Beverly to do it her way.

2. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    yet still bitched about the end product being "too Asian"

3. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    Because they used "5-spice" seasoning.

4. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    I think they did discuss pan searing the meat; not sure why they didn't actually do it.

(Moto) Chris is really making it hard for me to root for him...

5. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    I think Chris has some talent, however I'm suspecting he has been taught gimmicky looking dishes. First the cigar, now some potato fence. I think he should forget about making dishes that have some "cool look" to them and just focus on cooking something that tastes amazing. These judges have seen tons of pretty dishes, and I'm sure as long is it looks okay (appealing), but tastes amazing that's what all they'll remember.

Heather looks like the type of person that was teased a lot as a child, and now goes into a defensive assault whenever she feels threatened. If what happened in the previous challenge bothered her so much she should have said something then, not now when she's up for elimination. What was the point of throwing her teammate overboard when your chained to them?

I think for the most part the dishes looked very good. I still don't have a favorite.

6. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    Jesus...

Heather is still going on and on about the shrimp.

Give it a damn rest.

7. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I really liked when they were giving a discription to the judges about their dishes and Chris's partner smacked him when he started saying this went wrong and that went wrong. She had the right attitude.

8. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Heather is a big fat loud bully.

9. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Heather said something about her having no input on the dish yet several times she told Bev that they couldn't do something because it didn't fit her style so it had to be done Heather's way. What a *****. Then she kept interrupting Grayson when she tried to stick up for Bev. Fatty McGoo needs to go.

10. LlamaLarry

LlamaLarry Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 30, 2003
    Northern...
    Heather is one serious *****. I was stunned she kept saying that they had to compromise when she really meant "Heather gets what she wants and Bev compromises".

If Heather and Bev were dudes they would have gotten to fisticuffs by now.

I cannot BELIEVE they served that venison effectively raw. I feel bad for Nyesha going due to Dakota's cooking error, but they both knew about it in enough time they should be pan seared them to finish them off or something.

I think I am left rooting for Paul just because he seems competent and is not a ******, but I can't see telling my wife that I want to go to his restaurant next time we're in Texas.

11. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    People like Heather have an instinct for finding the people they can abuse. You don't see her acting like that to anyone except the tiny woman who has already admitted that she is the type to allow herself to be abused.

12. Aniketos

Aniketos Active Member

Mar 6, 2006
    I did not like Bev in the beginning, because all she did was cry. Then Heather came, and made me hate her even more. I wish they would have gone home.

13. Mr Flippant

Mr Flippant Regular User

Jan 2, 2009
    The only thing I want for Christmas this year is for Heather to go home and be done with this show completely.

14. Mr. Soze

Mr. Soze Back by popular demand

Nov 1, 2002
    The 75006...
    +1. Heather has made me forget I disliked Sarah too. When she was STILL telling anyone who's listen about Bev and the shrimp, she said "What would you do if your staff did that?". If I was on Heather's staff, she would have gotten a size 12 enema. I was pissed the two of them didn't go. Sure, the venison was underdone, the rest of the plate was supposedly good. In the real world that could have just been re-fired. The H&B plate was a disjointed mess, and should never be put out.

15. kaszeta

kaszeta $nullstring TCF Club

Jun 11, 2004
    Grantham, NH
    Next Heather will accuse Bev of stealing her pea puree.

16. oscarfish

oscarfish Member

Mar 1, 2009
    This conflict (one sided) between Heather and Beverly has been brewing for a couple of weeks. Now this week they just happen to be paired together. Did they say on the show how the teams were picked?

Either they edited the previous couple of weeks in a way to hint at this conflict that they knew was going to come out this week, or they just put the two together because they hoped something would happen. I think I would prefer if it were the former.

17. Mr. Soze

Mr. Soze Back by popular demand

Nov 1, 2002
    The 75006...
    IIRC, they were paired off based on who they were standing next to.

18. Frylock

Frylock Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Just West...
    That comment was priceless!

19. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Heather is about 125 lbs past anything size 12 fitting her.

20. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    LMAO

Peagate V2.0