Top Chef Miami — 8/8

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by gossamer88, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Aug 8, 2007 #1 of 12
    gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx

Advertisements

Sara definitely needed to go. She unseasoned the meat, she took too long to serve them and the milkshake was...well too milky. And oh yeah, she was upset that she didn't get to party! That's the only reason why Howie is still there. I predict he's a goner next week.

2. Aug 8, 2007 #2 of 12
    cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    Ice in milkshakes? They're milkshakes, not smoothies. She deserved to be booted for that alone.

3. Aug 9, 2007 #3 of 12
    grecorj

grecorj Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2002
    CT
    Remember, Howie has won some challenges...and with Joey gone, he and Hung are the only real "villains" left on the show...also, Howie has one a few challenges, so he *can* cook...I think Howie will hang on a bit longer.

4. Aug 9, 2007 #4 of 12
    Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    Sara was whining and dragging her feet from step one. The tall dude (CJ?) was really trying to get them to work together as a team. I find it ironic that Howie had the most experience at bar food, and his personal contribution was the worst.

Casey should've turned around, and anytime someone said that they were waiting on something, she should've realized what was going on. Since the burgers were so thick, they're going to get dry. They take too long to cook that way. No big surprise. How can someone not know how to make a milkshake? I think she was just going for milky liquid instead of an actual shake. She was half-assing it the entire time.

Howie was mean to her, that's true. Her hopes were dashed because the young 20-something couldn't party. I fully expected them to have a challenge. Otherwise, why would there need to be a quickfire?

Oh, and Hung's quickfire had cauliflower? good lord. That just sounds revolting. And Casey putting pepper sauce on hers just cracks me up. You could do a hint, but she obviously put waaaaaay too much in it (or the person who did the mixing did).

5. Girlieerin

Girlieerin New Member

Jan 24, 2006
    Cambridge, MA

Advertisements

I think Howie will be annoying us all for a long time yet. He's really the only truly abrasive personality and producers need conflict to make the show. They can only creatively edit so much. Also, Hung doesn't annoy me half as much as Marcel. It will be interesting to see how much worse either of them will get once they're the only so-called "villain" on the show. And as much as I enjoy her hair, Casey's cooking is horrible, so I predict that she'll be off soon. I'm pretty disappointed that the women seem to be so weak this year.

6. ovr8ted

ovr8ted New Member

Feb 27, 2005
    Casey Anniston can only go so far here. And Sara needed to go home.

I'm excited to see what CJ and Dale can cook up when not under so much pressure. I was really hoping Dale was going to be given the opportunity to cook something, but I suppose a private dinner was more to his liking.

Howie is definately the conflict, I just wish he would stop sweating in the food :eek:

Brian really understood what was going on this week. He thinks outside the take-out box ;)

7. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I enjoyed this episode and am glad to see Sara gone.

I don't understand why after so many team challenges the chefs haven't gotten it yet. They need to figure out a team leader, to make all their dishes mesh and then do the best they can. CJ could have been a better leader if he was more assertive, but it seems like when a disagreement starts, he steps back. Sure Howie is a bulldog/butt head...but his cooking has been good and his flavors if not winning all the time are not bad.

It was cool to see Dale win the challenge with something as simple as peach cobbler. I was surprised that it is not already on the menu there.

8. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    I hope the next team task, whomever is with Howie insists he takes a back seat from the get go, since his teams are perpetually at the bottom.

9. logic88

logic88 Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Land Of...
    Another weak episode. Sliders, Cuban sandwiches, and Cold Stone ice cream? Yeesh, not why I watch the show. To paraphrase Colicchio, this is "Top Chef", not "Top Line Cook".

Anyway, anyone who thought that they would be get a night off was an idiot. The Top Chef producers already jerked them around once when the cooking time got reduced during the Telemundo episode so everyone should have been forewarned.

10. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    Go Howie.

11. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    And, even then, they were given a hint during the telling of who they were cooking for. They were told that their shooting schedule changes quite a bit.

12. Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...
    *giggle*

There was a special a few weeks ago, somewhat of a reunion show with cast members from all seasons and they showed a montage of Colicchio saying "this isn't [insert whatever word he says at the time]. . . it's Top Chef." He says it quite a lot.

I used to think Hung was great, but not so much anymore.