Top Chef Las Vegas 9/2 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Neenahboy, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Sep 3, 2009 #1 of 37
    Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA

Advertisements

Preethi was the right choice...I was amazed at how defensive she was over an unimaginative pasta salad. Though I have to say, Laurine is not long for this show. It says something that I couldn't remember who the hell she was when they started focusing on her this week.

Jessie must have compromising photos of Tom and Padma. Yet again we have a bad realization in the latter stages of dish prep: "Oh s**t, it's way too spicy!" How many more of those do we have to suffer through?

Kevin definitely has to be the favorite now, and it seems like they're in the beginning stages of painting Jennifer as the villain. I'm not sure if it's the unfavorable edit or not, but she seems poised to become the Stefan of this season.

2. Sep 3, 2009 #2 of 37
    Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Jenn C. kicks ass, with the limited kitchen equipment that whole challenge could've went south without her time management skills.

3. Sep 3, 2009 #3 of 37
    montag

montag New Member

Mar 10, 2001
    Yep, my favorites to win are:

1. Jen
    2. The brother that one the elimination last night (the one with the tattoo)
    3. The due from Atlanta with the beard

4. Sep 3, 2009 #4 of 37
    NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    I am routing Jen cause she is a PHILLY GIRL!!!!
    Though the brothers or Kevin both seem like solid chefs.

5. Sep 3, 2009 #5 of 37
    Frylock

Frylock Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Just West...

Advertisements

Really? I took Jennifer as a class act, while Kevin is just full of himself.

That had to sting to come out with the winners, and then hang around for the losers!

6. Sep 3, 2009 #6 of 37
    pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I agree that she did a great job.....I don't know about getting on somebody for chatting as long as everything is getting done, though.

7. Sep 3, 2009 #7 of 37
    Aniketos

Aniketos Active Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Really? Kevin seems like one of the nicest guys the shows ever had.

8. Sep 3, 2009 #8 of 37
    Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    You're confusing Kevin (from Atlanta) and Michael Isabella who has a hard-on to get Jenn C. out cause she won't take his crap.

9. Sep 3, 2009 #9 of 37
    mrpantstm

mrpantstm Well aren't you

Jan 25, 2005
    Fredericksbu...
    I was surprised the judges didn't comment more about Jennifer taking over the executive chef role and not producing a dish. I think with her in that position they were really able to perform. Otherwise, it would have been an epic fail. No one coordinating what stoves to use. Madness.

While Mike is a d-bag, it was a good idea to put Jennifer in that position, not just because she could do it but because she had immunity. If the judges disliked it, well they were safe.

Good episode. But even I can make a pasta primavera salad.

10. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    He's also an arrogant a-hole...Michael that is.

11. Cindy1230

Cindy1230 Cuteness overload

Oct 31, 2003
    Bethesda, MD
    Just curious, has anyone gone to a restaurant where a top chef contestant works/owns?

Michael Isabella is supposedly the executive chef at Zaytinya here in DC. I've heard great things about it for years, just haven't there. But he isn't listed as executive chef at a website I just looked at.

Spike from a previous season has a burger place in DC as well.

12. sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    I didn't get why the judges whined about the hot clam chowder but not the hot chili? Selective editing?

13. Neenahboy

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    They did a few times, but it was nowhere near as obvious. They probably focused on the chowder because it came from Jessie and Ron, two people who have done jack squat thus far and really needed to step up.

14. verdugan

verdugan Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    I was expecting Ashley to complain how it was unfair to have a challenge involving the military when 3 of them don't even have the right to serve in the armed forces :rolleyes:

15. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I do remember a conversation about both dishes being hot and then one of the judges commented on the idea of hot cream on a hot day.

16. mrpantstm

mrpantstm Well aren't you

Jan 25, 2005
    Fredericksbu...
    I've heard good things about Volt in Frederick, MD. Not that far from D.C. Bryan is the chef/owner. Been meaning to get there myself.

Hah I was thinking the same thing but figured it was too snarky to bring up here. It's not that I'm trying to bait the issue or really disagreeing with her, it just goes to show how ridiculous a thing it was to bring up in the first place.

17. BadlyDrawnBoy

BadlyDrawnBoy Member

Dec 24, 2001
    San Francsico
    I live in SF, so have been to Absinthe where Jamie works.
    Coco500 which was where Jen Biesty worked, she's moved on to the Sir Francis Drake Hotel now.

I've seen Erik around his restaurant Circa a lot for some reason, must be smoke breaks :) Never been into it though.

18. verdugan

verdugan Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    Exactly! And don't worry about the snarky -- just put a smiley and you're fine.

19. JETarpon

JETarpon Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2003
    I find it beyond comprehension that Ashley was able to cater an event for an organisation that would not let someone who is openly gay such as herself be a member without pitching a big old fit about it.

20. Neenahboy

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    It wouldn't surprise me if she were approached by producers after the taping of the wedding episode and told to knock it off.