Top Chef: Just Desserts - S2E01 - Showpiece (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Agatha Mystery, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    So, the new season has started. Gail and Johnny aren't bothering me as much this time out as last season.

Lena getting the boot definitely seemed like a throw under the bus thing. And the kid is just out of his element.

2. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    I completely agree - this season is starting out to be more promising than last season for some reason. The previews showed a lot of showpiece-type competitions which are at least visually interesting.

Random thoughts:

* Agreed the kid is swimming in the deep end and about to go under

* The little red riding hood figure looked *weird* - the other team beat them on the showpiece, but lost on the taste of the actual desserts, as it should be.

* The work that was done on the Jack and the Beanstalk showpiece was gorgeous.

* Shocked they would let Lina get thrown under the bus rather than trying to find out what really went on through the tapes

* The arrogant guy is going to get on my nerves very quickly I fear - hope his talent can live up to the divo complex

3. GoHalos

GoHalos Registered User

Aug 30, 2006
    OC, CA
    Yes, it seems the kid is out of his league. It was refreshing, to me at least, that he admitted as much during the judges table. The contestants on these shows usually try to blame someone else or dodge the issue.