Top Chef Jr

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by wish_bgr, Dec 27, 2017.

1. wish_bgr

wish_bgr Member

Jul 18, 2014
    Comcast SF Bay Area subscriber here… looks like the former Sprout Kids, now Universal Kids channel, has not have any programming/schedule information for a few weeks now. Lots of TBA / To Be Announced for days at a time.

New episodes of Top Chef Jr. have been on this network, and last new episode on schedule that my TiVo caught was on 12/15. Hopefully new episodes appear after the new year but I’ve been noticing many series have picked up rather quickly without any holiday repeats nor holiday breaks.

2. t1v0fan2004

t1v0fan2004 New Member

Oct 20, 2007
    Noticed this too. Last week I got a message that both the HD and SD channels for Universal Kids were removed. I've submitted a lineup issue to Tivo. You might want to do that as well.

wish_bgr likes this.
  3. David Platt

David Platt Mouse Master TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Oh man-- thanks! I had no idea this show even existed, and my daughter would absolutely love it.

4. murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    I had just discovered the show when the message came through that the channels were being removed. Bummer.

5. kdeanda

kdeanda New Member

Dec 15, 2000
    Berkeley,...
    These also got listed as deleted here in Oakland (as channels 770 and 119), but in fact they are still active and manual recordings can still be set and have worked fine so far. I also submitted a lineup report last week, and since then the channel is back in the lineup, but still no guide data. Interestingly, zap2it lists the data but it's all 3h out of synch in a PST/EST mixup, e.g. programs listed for 3PM are actually airing at 6PM.

Looks like new episodes are back next week: 1st airing is Jan 5, 8-9PM. (tonight was a rerun)

wish_bgr and murgatroyd like this.
  6. murgatroyd

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    Manual recording set. Thanks!

7. wish_bgr

wish_bgr Member

Jul 18, 2014
    I’ve yet to set manual recordings, as I prefer my shows grouped in folders with title and episode info (I’m picky! Gah!). I do have 1P set to show all episodes, so I can see which episodes are available through Xfinity OnDemand, so it’ll have to do for now.

8. Jan 1, 2018 #8 of 15
    wish_bgr

wish_bgr Member

Jul 18, 2014
    ...and did a Clear Program Information & To Do List early this morning to shake out some 1P issues; UKIDS/ Universal Kids channels on 770 and 1707 conveniently dropped from my guide! Happy New Year to me! /sarcasm

Am submitting a lineup report right now.

9. Jan 2, 2018 #9 of 15
    wish_bgr

wish_bgr Member

Jul 18, 2014
    I happened to take a look at the Comcast official forums, regarding Universal Kids channel. Apparently, the channel was erroneously removed from the lineup and then fixed, chalking it up to a glitch in the guide programming. I’m deducting that TiVo caught wind of the lineup change and removed it permanently from the guide/lineup and somehow not capturing the updated fix. Super annoying!

10. murgatroyd

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    BTW if anyone missed episode 1, you can watch the full episode on YouTube:

wish_bgr likes this.
  11. wish_bgr

wish_bgr Member

Jul 18, 2014
    Woke up to a message dropped off in the inbox within TiVo; UKIDS/HD-W was added back to the SF Bay Area Comcast TiVo lineup!

However, Top Chef Jr. isn’t picked up by the 1P this week; the guide has is listed as Top Chef Junior; no ‘new’ badge, nor series info along with the show thumbnail picture. Am back to the lineup issue page to hopefully get it corrected for future new episodes (I’ll be resigned to this episode recorded but not placed within the correct folder in my shows)

12. wish_bgr

wish_bgr Member

Jul 18, 2014
    There’s an official TVEverywhere app for the network, found on the iOS store which posts all show episodes to date. One does need to authenticate with a tv provider for full access, although the app does gives a 3 episode pass for those without a subscription.

13. murgatroyd

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    My 1P was set to both new and repeats since I had missed some of the early episodes of the season, so this week's episode did get picked up. I deleted my manual recording from the To Do List and the episode recorded with no problem.

14. murgatroyd

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    My manual recording for Top Chef Jr. on Universal Kids. This should have been episode S1E12, "Cooking for Treasure" according to imdb:

So are they not going to show all the episodes? When I was searching for a schedule, I saw articles that said the show had already been picked up for S2.

Wikipedia says S1 was supposed to be 14 episodes.

Top Chef Junior - Wikipedia
    Top Chef Jr (TV Series 2017– ) - Episodes - IMDb

15. wish_bgr

wish_bgr Member

Jul 18, 2014
    IMG_0043.JPG
    New season, ahoy! Saw the commercial whilst browsing the YouTube TV service. (They carry Universal Kids network, and the recording service with YTTV is super-easy!)