Today's Lifetime Offer... DANGIT!

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by gregg37, Aug 24, 2016.

1. gregg37

gregg37 New Member

Aug 22, 2016

Advertisements

So I have a Roamio.... haven't used it much since I bought it in 2013. I reactivated it on a monthly plan two months ago. Got the TiVo fever, needed the newest and best (yes, I know Bolt+ is coming), so I found a Bolt with the 1 year free service.

I do really like the Bolt. A bit snappier and I'm probably the only person on the planet that likes the wonky design. Happy me... until. I activated the Bolt, watched the last few things I needed to catch up on with the Roamio, Factory Reset the Roamio and called TiVo to cancel that service.

Two days ago (even with a veiled threat of shutting it down altogether) they offered only the full $550 All-In price. Today they offer Roamio Lifetime for $199 - AFTER I already activated the Bolt. :confused: I turned it down to stick with the newer Bolt and one year. Hoping in a year or two I can get a similar offer. Or....should I take it on the Roamio and try to sell the Bolt? Can I transfer the Bolt and one year to someone else?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  2. tivoyahoo

tivoyahoo New Member

Sep 4, 2003
    did you buy the bolt ver 1 from retail? can you return it? where did you find one?

you could try to counter for $99 on the roamio and then sell that and keep bolt.

3. tivoyahoo

tivoyahoo New Member

Sep 4, 2003
    tell tivo you bought a bolt, have no need for roamio any longer and want to cancel. how long did you pay on the roamio? 2 years?

4. gregg37

gregg37 New Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Nope, I only used it a few months in 2013 and reactivated it in July. She said I shouldn't qualify, but I guess they were baiting for me to drop 199 for a box on a 2nd TV, but I only have the one so that plan didn't work.

Yes, I considered returning the Bolt. Still may. Decisions decisions.

5. jth tv

jth tv Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014

Advertisements

I figured they pretty counted on that, people trying out the new before cancelling.

I'll have to remember it though. There is a BestBuy not far from me. I could try cancelling and then buying a Bolt+ if they did not give a great price.

6. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    Take the lifetime on the Roamio and either sell the Roamio on ebay (you can probably get around $350 for it) or keep it and return the Bolt.

7. gregg37

gregg37 New Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Yea I think I am going to get the lifetime on the Roamio and let a friend use it while I sit through the free year on the Bolt (which I like better). Hopefully at that time or shortly after I can get a good service deal on the Bolt (or buy the latest and greatest with another free service deal), if not I'll have the Roamio with Lifetime available to me.

8. gregg37

gregg37 New Member

Aug 22, 2016
    And just that quick, I changed my mind. Took the lifetime on the Roamio and set up a return for the Bolt. :p

9. OcalaPrime

OcalaPrime New Member

Sep 10, 2016
    How do you find out about all the deals going on ???? And did I miss this one?

10. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    That's what I would have done too. Great find, hopefully some others here can join the deal.

11. delgadobb

delgadobb Active Member

Mar 6, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    That's what I would've done as well. Even if you weren't going to keep the Roamio it remains a very useful machine & lifetime adds value, whether you decide to sell it, pass along to a friend/family member or do something else.

You can always wait & see on the Bolt. If a good deal comes up, get one at that point & sell the Roamio. Or keep both.

12. gregg37

gregg37 New Member

Aug 22, 2016