Toast Titanium (11) and TivoTransfer for Mac

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Chicago Blues, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Chicago Blues

Chicago Blues New Member

Jul 14, 2017
    Sorry if I'm late to the party, I checked the forum back to January and did not see any postings on this topic, so I apologize if this is a re-run.

I was successfully running Tivo Transfer across my wifi to my iMac (10.6.8) flawlessly till very recently. I think it broke up with me :-(

I can still see my tivo box across the network from my Mac tivo1.jpg and the display of programs is accurate and current. I can select the program and create a transfer, but it cuts out and creates 4k file of nothing.
    tivo2.jpg
    Tivo Desktop is active in my System Preferences, and interestingly, my Tivo box can see and access content on my Mac across the network for itunes music and image files.

I know that Roxio stopped supporting this, but did Tivo divorce me too?

Any suggestions? My backlog of recordings is starting to choke my DVR, July is Hitchcock month on TCM.

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I offer a version of pyTivo Desktop for Mac. You should give it a try and see how it works for you.

3. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Are you with Comcast? Could be those channels have been moved to MPEFG4 and you need to specify TS format for the downloads (TiVo Desktop referred to this as the "fastest method" on Windows PC's).

Scott

4. Chicago Blues

Chicago Blues New Member

Jul 14, 2017
    I did try your software, along with the other two. Sadly, I'm stuck in 10.6.8 till I get a new computer, so I can't run any of them :(

5. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Yeah sorry, the Mac stuff I use to built pyTivo makes it so compatibility is limitted to the version I build on or newer. The only Mac I have has Sierra so I can't build for anything lower then that.

One easy way to test the issue is to go to the TiVo download page directly. Go to....

https://<YourTiVosIP>/nowplaying/index.html?Recurse=Yes

And when prompted enter tivo as the user name and your MAK as the password. That will give you a built in UI for downloading. It's not great, but you can use it to test and see if it's your TiVo causing the issue.