To Do List showing wrong channel

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by tivogurl, Apr 24, 2011.

1. tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    I have two simulcast digital channels, 732 and 1032. 732 is disabled in my Channel List because it will soon be deprecated (and because I don't need a duplicate). I have an auto-recording wishlist that matches a program on both channels, or rather it would if 732 wasn't disabled. If I go to View Upcoming from the wishlist, it correctly matches said program only on channel 1032. However, if I go to my To Do List, it shows that program as scheduled to record on channel 732, which is totally wrong because, as I said, 732 is disabled and the wishlist doesn't even match it. I've tried deleting the wishlist and recreating it, but the problem persists.

I have a TiVo HD running the latest software. What's happening here and how can I fix it?

2. orangeboy

orangeboy yes, I AM orangeboy!

Apr 19, 2004
    East Moline, IL
    The only thing I can think of is to request a lineup change (see my signature for the link). TiVo associates a channel with an internal ID, and it sounds like maybe both 732 and 1032 are using the same ID? Here's an example of an OTA channel I get, and it's "TiVo" information:

channelId=6-1
    tivo:st.4208841
    terrestrial

3. nooneuknow

nooneuknow not quite dead yet

Feb 5, 2011
    I have run into this problem, myself. Same deal.

The missing part of the trick to fix it, is that you need to delete all the scheduled recordings that are on the wrong channel from the To Do List. The TiVo HD doesn't do this automatically.

Here's the full fix for those in need (two ways to do it):

1. Cancel the Season Pass (or delete ARWL)
    2. Uncheck the unwanted channel from your channel lineup
    3. Delete the offending recordings from the To Do List (if they are still there)
    4. Reboot TiVo
    5. Re-enter the Season Pass with the desired channel
    6. Verify the To Do List shows the desired channel

-or-

1. Uncheck the unwanted channel from your channel lineup
    2. Delete the offending recordings from the To Do List
    3. Reboot TiVo
    4. Select to "Edit" the Season Pass (or ARWL)
    5. Verify it's set to the correct channel
    6. Select to "Record with these options" (even if you don't change anything)
    7. Verify the To Do List shows the desired channel
    8. If not, repeat steps 1,2,(not 3),4,5,6,7 and then reboot and recheck
    9. If still not, use first procedure

Sometimes you will have to manually select to record all/some of the episodes that were originally scheduled on the wrong channel. If this happens, future episodes that aren't yet in the "upcoming showings" will revert to the new desired channel and won't require manual selection any further.

Keep in mind that if ANYTHING is set to EVER record from the channel you don't want (in the TDL, or just specified elsewhere, at all), all the steps I outlined won't work. [1]

Let us know if this doesn't work (and include all the details, please).

4. tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Neither procedure seems to work. I'm not sure what "uncheck the unwanted channel" was supposed to do, since I've always had said channel unchecked. Also, I'm using an autorecording wishlist, not a season pass.

It makes no difference whether I delete the offending recordings either before or after deleting the wishlist. It was odd that the recordings stayed in my To Do List even after I deleted the wishlist. Keeping the wishlist and just changing recording options didn't work either.

I found another ARWL this bug is affecting.

The last thing I did is turn off auto recording, manually record the shows in question, and then turn auto recording back on. Hopefully future shows matched by the wishlists will be recorded on the correct channel.

5. nooneuknow

Feb 5, 2011
    Hmmm...

I had the problem with Recording "V" on 713. There were three channels it aired on, simultaneously: 713 (HD) 122 (Digital SD) & 13 (Analog). No matter how many times I would specify 713, I'd wind up with it recording from 122.

This problem affects both my TiVo HDs and my Premieres.

Differences noted: ARWL -vs- SP, unwanted channel already unchecked -vs- I had to uncheck it. I have had to uncheck it several times, as every time Cox renames or moves a channel, all the ones I have unchecked are checked again...

If the channel is not checked in the channel list, it shouldn't be able to be recorded from, with the exception of those TiVo advertisements that record at about 2AM. I tried removing 51, 25, and 725 to stop those recordings, and it didn't stop them.

Perhaps a reboot is required at some point, and I just don't remember doing it, or it takes time, or <insert wild speculation>.

I did just remember, that if ANYTHING is set to EVER record from the channel you don't want (in the TDL, or just specified elsewhere, at all), all the steps I outlined won't work.

Oh, and BTW, the reason why recordings stay in the TDL, when you delete the ARWL, is that the ARWL sets them up as manual recordings, unlike how SPs are bound to episodes.

Sorry it didn't work for you. Please do keep us posted.

6. tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    I deleted everything, rebooted, then recreated the offending ARWLs. After the guide update today, one of the ARWLs is picking up a new show on the correct channel. It seems that a reboot is essential to fixing the problem, if you don't the TiVo won't "fix" itself.

7. nooneuknow

Feb 5, 2011
    Awesome! Glad to hear it. It's probably a matter of the cable card and/or TA needing a reboot to re-sync with the TiVo and the changes made, or the other way around, (but, I am just speculating).

So, at which point (between which numbers) do you feel I should add "reboot TiVo" to my numbered steps in my original post?

8. tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    I think the reboot goes between 3 and 4. After you've deleted everything, but before you reenter your SPs.