To Do List says FX 248 is "Missing"

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by MyM3, Jan 20, 2006.

1. MyM3

MyM3 Member

Jan 30, 2002
    Kenmore, Wa.
    I have scheduled a couple episodes of "Dharma & Greg" for recording tomorrow at 6 AM on FX, channel 248. My To Do List shows that they are scheduled but where it should show the channel name (or abbreviation) I see "Missing" and I think that the channel number is not shown either (I'm at work now). I do receive 248 and have tuned to it just to see that it was still there. What's going on?

My receiver is a Series 2 Samsung S4120, unmodded / unhacked.

Edit: I just read about a similar problem that marktd is having here. Is this problem limited to FX?

2. itsmeitsmeitsme

itsmeitsmeitsme New Member

Nov 13, 2003
    ohio
    You must not have it set up as a "channels I receive".

3. MyM3

MyM3 Member

Jan 30, 2002
    Kenmore, Wa.
    Sorry, yes I do. :) But thanks for the good suggestion anyway. :up:

4. itsmeitsmeitsme

itsmeitsmeitsme New Member

Nov 13, 2003
    ohio
    Have you tried deleting the sp and setting it back up again?

5. ttodd1

ttodd1 Proud Computer Geek

Nov 5, 2003
    SC
    The channel has most likely been "renamed" without the channel number. USA had the samething a year or so ago.

6. MyM3

MyM3 Member

Jan 30, 2002
    Kenmore, Wa.
    Sorry, I should've stated that these are not Season Pass recordings, just some that I picked from View Upcoming Shows.

7. ttodd1

ttodd1 Proud Computer Geek

Nov 5, 2003
    SC
    If you made these selections awhile ago, then as stated above, the channel has been renamed without the channel number in it. Any recordings you have setup after that change has been made will report that the channel no longer exist because technically it doesn't.

8. MyM3

MyM3 Member

Jan 30, 2002
    Kenmore, Wa.
    Okay, that makes some sense. But doesn't the Guide still call Ch 248 "FX"? When I tuned to it the other night I think I remember seeing "FX" in the channel banner. More importantly, should I reschedule the "D&G" recordings?

Thank you! :)

Edit: Oh yeah, the recordings were scheduled about a week ago.

9. Its_Kemosabe

Its_Kemosabe New Member

Aug 16, 2002
    I too had a problem with the FX channel this week. I have a SP for "The Practice" that has been properly recording over the past two weeks. Last night I noticed that my folder of recorded but unviewed episodes seemed to small. I discovered that the TO DO LIST flagged The Practice as "none scheduled - missing". The information noted in VIEW RECORDED HISTORY for each program of the Practice for the last 2 days (all recorded correcty prior to that) read as follows: "This program not recorded because it was no longer in the Program Guide". This same description was given for all future episodes that should have been but were not part of the TO DO LIST.

After I reestablished a SP for the show ( without cancellling the original SP ), all the future episodes of the show became a properly scheduled part of the TO DO LIST. The SP MANAGER lists my new pass that includes the channel number and name - The Practice (248 FX). The original SP is still listed but the channel number is not included.

This is the first time that I have experienced this phenomonon. The TiVo is an R10. It seems that none of the other 13 SP's on the R10 or any of the SP's on my 10-250 were effected.

Is this a problem specific to the FX channel? Comments appreiated ............. /herb

10. Dmon4u

Dmon4u Unresponsive User

Jul 15, 2000
    PA
    Nope !

It's happened once each for all my Sci-Fi friday shows.

11. islander

islander New Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Woodbridge, VA
    Had the same thing happen to my FX "Dharma and Greg" season pass. I noticed it hadn't recorded any the last few days. I checked the to do list, and at the bottom were 3 season passes.... two were normal "None scheduled", but the third was Dharma and Greg which was Missing, and said gave "FX" as the channel, rather than "248 FX."

I made a new season pass for D&G and it seems to have set them up to record now.

Weird.

12. bobcpa

bobcpa New Member

Oct 25, 2001
    Encino,...
    Same thing happened to me....I wasn't getting any "The Shield" recordings. I deleted the season pass and set it up again....it is now scheduled to record.....wierd.

13. Tonedeaf

Tonedeaf New Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Rockwall, TX
    Maybe the Tivo's don't like Dharma and Greg?

14. freakfactory

freakfactory Long time lurker

Jan 30, 2005
    I think I know why the channel was "renamed" (may not be the only reason, but *a* reason, I suppose). The first 2 recordings of "The Shield" this season (before the channel was renamed) did NOT show the FX channel logo in the Now Playing list. The new recordings (after the "rename") now show the channel logo.

If that was the only reason, I'm glad they fixed it, otherwise I would never have known that the show was on FX. :rolleyes: