To Do List not working with TiVo Online

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jeffridder, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Nov 7, 2018 #1 of 99
    jeffridder

jeffridder New Member

Jan 19, 2015
    Is anyone else seeing issues when accessing the To Do List using TiVo Online?

When I click on it, I get:
    Check Network Connection
    Please make sure your box is connected to your home network, then try again.

I have rebooted the Bolt that I am trying to access and that Bolt can access the internet. I can also access other functions using TiVo Online.

2. Nov 7, 2018 #2 of 99
    ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Accessing the internet is not the same as connecting to Tivo service. That is what is needed if it has rebooted. It also updates the Tivo online. (under Settings/Network)

3. Nov 8, 2018 #3 of 99
    HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    So you can access the other Manage options for that TiVo in Tivo Online (OnePass and Recording Activity)? Can you set up a recording in TiVo Online and see if it works? Do you only have the 1 TiVo?

No issues here accessing my Roamio Pro or son's Bolt (off at college).

Scott

4. rkcarter

rkcarter Rick- Vorlon wannabe

Apr 8, 2002
    Ann Arbor,...
    I'm having exactly this problem since the upgrade. I can access most of the other Manage options remotely... except for the To Do List. And it's happening both on my TiVo Roamio and my TiVo Bolt, coincident with the upgrade that happened two days ago.

5. sehale

sehale Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Newark, DE
    Same here: Tivo Bolt, started after the update. NOTE: the app is able to access the To Do List just fine.

upload_2018-11-16_19-9-38.png

6. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Still works on TE3.

On TE4 no TDL or Recording Activity.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    Nony_ID and HerronScott like this.
  7. Mover480

Mover480 Member

Jan 14, 2006
    Looks like they broke it with the update.

8. Paul Coco

Paul Coco Member

Jan 21, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Same problem here!

9. ksliman

ksliman ksliman

Nov 16, 2005
    Baton Rouge, LA

Same problem here. It used to work until a few days ago.

Now Manage - To Do works on my Bolt but not on my Bolt+

10. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    TiVo Online generally working fine for connecting to my TE3 Bolt, and then one evening this past week (11-13, perhaps?) while away from home, got the "Check Network Connection" message above and couldn't connect. At that same time, no issue connecting with my TE3 Roamio.

Tried just now (within my house) and no connection issue to the Bolt.

11. Pete716

Pete716 Member

Aug 28, 2018
    Buffalo, NY
    Same here after the update as well. As noted, I can view the to-do list within the app with no problems.

sehale likes this.
  12. johnreid

johnreid New Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Same here. Bolt software version is 21.8.3.RC2-USC-11.

13. bbc30

bbc30 New Member

Jul 27, 2005
    Same here. Everything else on Tivo Online is working except "To Do List" and "Recording Activity" on Tivo Bolt Vox. Even Watch Now is showing My Shows on my laptop Windows 10 out of my home network. I mean anywhere, on any wifi. This has been working for almost two months. I called support and was emphatically told that it will not work on a computer outside of my home wifi. I said, "Well then don't tell anybody that it does."

Anyone else's showing shows on a computer away from your home wifi? Have you seen any announcement about it?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  14. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I get the failure inside my house. No need to get wet. Two TE3 TiVo units are ok.

15. sehale

sehale Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Newark, DE
    I sent an email in to TiVo and got a canned response telling me to reboot and check the network connection (which I was not too happy about). So I jumped into a chat, referenced my case number, and got this reply:
    "I have check the software of the device in question and it looks like the software needed for the website to work correctly is missing. That is why to do list is giving you some error. Will report your device to our technical team for fix and it should be expected to be fixed within 3 - 5 working days but likely sooner."
    Looks promising and like someone recognized the problem. Will watch and see what happens and will report. I suggest others open a chat and maybe they will get some attention.

16. tivoknucklehead

tivoknucklehead Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida
    good to hear

17. mike-d

mike-d Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Baltimore,...
    YES - Same here Manage To Do does not work, but all else if fine. Re-booted, etc, still no good! Any fixes?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  18. mike-d

mike-d Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Baltimore,...
    HI - Can you supply the case# so I can share with my support rep, who is clueless....? They had me boot everything, again, still the same issue.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  19. sehale

sehale Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Newark, DE
    Case Number 08399315

Today is day 4 of the promised "3-5 working days but likely sooner" with no fix yet...

tabarnes19 and mike-d like this.
  20. Sparky1234

Sparky1234 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2006
    FYI, my TiVos are working fine!