"To be announced"

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by tivoknucklehead, May 2, 2019.

1. tivoknucklehead

tivoknucklehead Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida
    last night and again today CBS and PBS have "to be announced" for all guide data on my premiere ,and it did not record Survivor or amazing race or a PBS show breakthrough. All other channels seem to be fine

on my bolt this is not an issue, guide data is spot on

will check again after today's update later today

2. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Odd . . . .

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    This morning my guide (after its scheduled connection) had "Program...." on almost all channels after Monday. Only one Roamio TE3 out of three.

CPI&TDL. Now fine. Cosmic ray shower? Two days ago everything had its monthly power cycle.

4. tivoknucklehead

tivoknucklehead Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida
    well a tivo connection seems to have fixed it :)

5. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    just discovered local comcast decided to move all the sub-channels they carry for our town's broadcast stations to different channel numbers, and when tivo entered them into the guide, they assigned different variations of the call signs (probably because the legitimate call signs were already in use on the old channel numbers?), so of course the newly numbered live channels all had tba and no network affiliation, while the old channel numbers with the correct guide and channel info are now dead.

since only six channels were affected, i decided to call tivo on speakerphone while i was in the kitchen doing other things, rather than submit the form online. very nice rep named jo, spoke fluent american english with not too heavy of an accent, and she asked all the right questions, but i'm glad i had a lot to do in the kitchen, because the call took over an hour to complete... :oops:

6. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    If TiVo was showing TBA, then that means they don't have them in their guide data and the call signs you were getting were picked up from the channel map from the CableCARD (especially since you indicated the old channel numbers still had correct guide and channel information).

Scott

7. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    the new call signs were all strange takes on the correct call signs, but each a uniquely different take. since these channels didn't exist before, who would have mapped them, comcast?

in any case, 4 of the 6 channels now have the correct call signs at least, and 5 of the 6 old channels have been removed from the guide, so now there's only guide data for 1 of the moved channels (and it's on the wrong channel number).

of course, there was no add/delete push message from tivo on the changes...

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  8. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Right Comcast is sending you that in the channel mapping through the CableCARD when they started sending you the channel.

Scott

9. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al

kudos to jo in tivo tech support, and the channel lineup team! :clapping:

within 48 hours, the 6 moved channels have their correct call signs with network logos, and correct guide data, too - unbelievable! :up:

HerronScott and kpeters59 like this.