To be announced !

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by nelprc, Dec 16, 2010.

1. nelprc

nelprc New Member

Oct 13, 2010

Advertisements

i have dozens of channels in the program menu with "To be announced"

Everything working ok, data updates fine. dials up ok.

The channels change daily! ie today all BBC are to be announced.

Yesterday they were fine.

any ideas?

2. Revolutionary

Revolutionary Too sleepy for TV...

Dec 1, 2004
    Virginia
    Check your network connection. When was the last time it was able to successfully phone home? Sounds like the guide data may have expired.

3. nelprc

nelprc New Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Phone line ok

4. suomynona

suomynona Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Having the same issue with my Series 4 Premier, though I doubt it has anything to do with the model. Has been an issue for what seems like months, but thought I'd look into it today. Either blank programming (absolutely nothing next to the channel saying what is currently airing) or right above that issue is "To Be Announced."

Is this an ongoing/known issue?

Like the person ten years ago that posted this issue, I have no problems connecting to Tivo (Succeeded) or loading info. No issues recording season passes, or random shows. It's just the guide that's not updating.

IMG_1897.JPG (click to enlarge)

Per the attached screenshot, the "to be announced" for channel 672 shows TBA at 5PM, and actual scheduled content at 5PM. This is only affecting about 10% of my programming, although I have recordings that are titled incorrectly because the programming wasn't updated.

Is this related to the coronavirus? (Those that update this information not able to do so due to either not receiving it, or not able to update from home?)

5. davidscarter

davidscarter Active Member

Sep 28, 2015

Advertisements

This is typically the symptoms of your guide date getting corrupted. It usually fixes itself in a few days. If not, or you want things fixed sooner, see this for a possible solution: #2807

suomynona likes this.
  6. suomynona

suomynona Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Thank you. The solution worked.

davidscarter likes this.