To Be Announced on all programs, what to do?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by verchad, Sep 5, 2007.

1. verchad

verchad DTV 9.5 yr Dtvo 4.5

Sep 29, 2006

Advertisements

Got home from work and my daughter tells me the guide isn't working on our DTivo receiver. Everything shows up as to be announced. I checked in the settings, it says program guide info through Sept 3. It made it's last service call on AUg. 31st.

I found one thread and did what it said, I unplugged the unit for awhile, about 2 hours. When it rebooted, still shows TBA. Any other ideas on what to try? Nothing else appears to be wrong. All previously recorded programs are still on the hard drive.

2. verchad

Sep 29, 2006
    Nevermind, after sitting for another half hour, the guide has now reappeared, however, we are starting to have some issues mentioned in another thread with the software update, buttons not responding as well as before.

3. dtremain

dtremain New Member

Jan 4, 2004
    New Jersey
    You beat me to it. The guide takes a while to re-populate after you re-boot.

The slow response thing seems to be integral to the update. I'm not sure much can be done about it by the user.

4. verchad

Sep 29, 2006
    Now after a few reboots, we are having the stuttering/freezing picture issue mentioned in another thread. Definitely seems to be a software issue.

Oh boy, get out your tinfoil hats. Could the latest "update" be DTV's way of giving people messed up DTivo's, giving you more of a reason to take one of their units. In turn, making less of a demand for the anything to do with Directivos?