"To Be Announced" Guide on ABC Spectrum/Time Warner

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Ralph P., Oct 19, 2018.

1. Ralph P.

Ralph P. New Member

Dec 17, 2004
    Middletown NY
    Greetings,

As of yesterday morning the programming guide shows "to be announced" on ABC from 10/21 through 10/29 effectively eliminating all One Pass Recordings for that period. After that it resumes normally. The day before yesterday everything was normal with all of our shows on ABC scheduled to record as they should for that period.

I have tried a number of things to rectify it, including repeating guided setup, restarting the box (Roamio Pro), and numerous forced connections to the Tivo Service. No change. My brother-in-law lives nearby and has the same provider and says his shows for the same period are set to record.

Not really sure if I have any other options but, would love some feedback/suggestions. This is pretty annoying.

Regards,

2. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    Not at home now, but on app all ABC shows in that period showing up

TW/Spectrum North Texas

3. Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    Must be a local condition as my XL4 (as reported by kmttg) has guide data to 31Oct18.

4. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Mine seems ok, too, but who knows if the actual guide data is correct.

I don't know what happened, but I just discovered yesterday that a couple of ABC sitcoms didn't record on Tuesday night. I looked in the 'History' and it just said 'not recorded' and 'no signal'. I don't usually mind too much if it's a cable channel, as there will be additional airings, but with network tv now I have to find another way to view those show pilots. :(

I sure wish we had On Demand with Tivos (cablecards) here, but we don't so I either have to stand in the kitchen and watch on my little 19" tv or see if they have them on the ABC website. I've asked people at Charter/Spectrum about it, but it looks like their cablecards will never have On Demand.

5. Ralph P.

Ralph P. New Member

Dec 17, 2004
    Middletown NY
    Greetings,

Thanks for your responses. I just checked and the guide information as well as my scheduled recordings are now showing properly. I suspect that the guided setup did the trick and needed a few hours to populate all of the data.

6. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008
    I had some drastically screwed up data yesterday morning as well on my basic Roamio that's set up for antenna. Every recording suddenly showed up as copy-protected (impossible on OTA), and Skip Mode data going back several years disappeared. A forced connection and reboot didn't help, but it came back on its own a few hours later.

My guess is that they had a major hiccup.