TNT-HD Audio Sync Question

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by MirclMax, Sep 17, 2007.

1. MirclMax

MirclMax Ancient Member

Jul 12, 2000

Advertisements

I've seen it mentioned multiple times here that it is a "known issue" that TNT had an audio synchronization problem at times .. regardless of provider.

What I'm curious about is .. is this only as that channel relates to TiVo .. or is everyone everywhere who tries to watch this channel dealing with the audio problem?

If it is specific to TiVo .. does anyone know if anything is being done to correct it?
    If it is global .. how on earth could TNT not have fixed it by now?

-MirclMax

2. Revolutionary

Revolutionary Too sleepy for TV...

Dec 1, 2004
    Virginia
    I saw it on my SA box when I briefly had one at the beginning of this year. Not every show, but it was definitely noticable on a few occasions. Our plasma was new at the time, and my wife went straight to "You spent how much on this? If this is how bad it's going to be, take it back, because I can't watch this." Damned TNT...

3. litkaj

litkaj Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Exton, PA
    It doesn't have anything to do with TiVo, TNT-HD just sucks. Between the sync issues and airing everything in Stretch-o-Vision, I've removed it from my channel lineup.

4. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    TNT-HD is good during NBA season as they carry many games in true HD. Don't watch it for much of anything else though...

5. MirclMax

MirclMax Ancient Member

Jul 12, 2000

Advertisements

Do you think maybe someone @ TiVo could give the folks over at TNT a nudge and tell them they should fix their broadcasts since its making TiVo's products look bad? :)