TM822G Modem - Xfinity quiz?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by WVZR1, Jul 2, 2019.

1. WVZR1

WVZR1 Active Member

Jul 30, 2008
    The WV...
    I've posted a couple images over @ DSL reports with no comments in several days. I'm curious in regards only to the 'population' and information in the 'UPSTREAM' areas. Xfinity has 'HIT' the modem a few times and I've cycled the complete network several times with no changes. I don't have my # ported yet to my account. I have no issues with any Internet services. Speeds are like plan. My weather stations are communicating as planned with weather services.

11 months ago 3 'upstream' and just put back on-line a few days ago and only a single!

[Connectivity] TM822G Xfinity quiz - Comcast XFINITY | DSLReports Forums

Any thoughts?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  2. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    This is the "Tivo Help Center" forum. Need help with your Tivo?

3. WVZR1

WVZR1 Active Member

Jul 30, 2008
    The WV...
    There are several 'folks' with network experience that I thought just 'might' be able to help!! How much of 'YOUR TIME' did I consume?

The cause/creation of the issue is repaired. The cause: Xfinity/Comcast filter. Xfinity/Comcast has a new spec for their distribution plants. The desired interference being as close to 0 as possible. They will do neighborhood drive through frequently I'm told OR if trouble shooting a NODE/Neighborhood issue and they see even minimal interference they'll apply a filter. If they apply a 'filter' they're supposed to hang a 'door tag' explaining that they have so you can ask questions. The tech said distribution maintenance crews seldom do that. The tech checked my entire drop and found no issues that should have indicated that a filter needed to be applied. He isolated the underground segment, the segment that is run through the foundation and also the segment that runs across the roadway and down the pole. I actually even had an Xfinity MoCA filter on my Xfinity distribution box

The filter never effected my Internet performance. Xfinity still uses the TM822 for telephony but it isn't used any longer as a combination device (Internet/Telephony). My service 250/10 doesn't require anything greater than 8 X 4 so I'm good. If I were to do any upgrades I'd likely retain the TM822 for telephony and add the Internet device. There's no additional charges I was told to do multiple 'CUSTOMER OWNED' modems.

A restart of the TM822 immediately populated the 2 missing 'upstream' values.

krkaufman likes this.
  4. scandia101

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    And how did that work out for you?

Asking in the correct forum is far more likely to result in a resolution to your problem.
    The BEST place to ask your question is where it belongs to begin with, in the Happy Hour forum where the vast majority of forum members spend their time. Many of the same people would see your post there as seen it here, but then there would also be a couple of thousand more. Now, which is the better place to ask?

5. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    you can request the mods move your thread to:

one way to accomplish this is by clicking "report" on your original post and make the request.

6. WVZR1

WVZR1 Active Member

Jul 30, 2008
    The WV...
    Actually - worked out well!! Doesn't seem to have 'consumed' much of your time!!

I don't have a problem!! You?

If you had an issue you could have 'maybe' suggested moving it to someplace you felt it might be more appropriate or 'reported' it as suggested by @North Alabama and requested it being 'moved'!

His post was 'most helpful'!

I don't know that 'General Chit-Chat would have even occurred to me!! I actually poked around a little before posting!!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  7. scandia101

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Why so interested in my time?
    There are none so blind as those who will not see.